Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

New Boards Moderator!

ameliaJayneameliaJayne Moderator Posts: 58 Boards Initiate
Hi everyone!

My name is Amelia and I am a new discussion boards moderator.
I am currently a psychology student at university. In my spare time I love listening to music, painting, Pilates and reading!
I am really looking forward to being a part of this wonderful community!

Comments

• Options
    jess63jess63 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    Hey @ameliaJayne welcome! It’s great to have you here 😊
    The steps you take don't have to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,017 Community Veteran
    Hi everyone!

My name is Amelia and I am a new discussion boards moderator.
    I am currently a psychology student at university. In my spare time I love listening to music, painting, Pilates and reading!
    I am really looking forward to being a part of this wonderful community!

Hey @ameliaJayne it's great to have you here. :) I hope you enjoy on the boards. I also love music too as well.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,021 Wise Owl
    Hiii @ameliaJayne and welcome! :)
  • Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,277 Wise Owl
    hey @ameliaJayne welcome! :) I love music and reading too, i wish i was good at painting but it always ends up looking awful xD what music do u like?
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    Hi @ameliaJayne welcome! I also love listening to music, pilates and reading! What do you like to listen to or read?
  • Options
    LydsRose9LydsRose9 Posts: 106 The Mix Convert
    Hey @ameliaJayne! It’s great to have you here - I look forward to seeing you around :3
    Keep fighting the good fight!
  • Options
    amy02amy02 Moderator Posts: 124 The Mix Convert
    Welcome @ameliaJayne it's great to have you on the team <3
  • Options
    @lunarcat522 My favourite singers are The Weeknd, Lana Del Rey and Melanie Martinez. What about you?

I love to read psychology and philosophy books but sometimes that can get a bit heavy with my degree and I need a break so will turn to fiction. Usually a romantic one! What do you enjoy reading?
  • Options
    libbystrawberrylibbystrawberry Community Champion Posts: 588 Incredible Poster
    @lunarcat522 My favourite singers are The Weeknd, Lana Del Rey and Melanie Martinez. What about you?

I love to read psychology and philosophy books but sometimes that can get a bit heavy with my degree and I need a break so will turn to fiction. Usually a romantic one! What do you enjoy reading?

omg i love the weeknd tooo
    'told myself that you were right for me, but felt so lonely in your company'
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    @ameliaJayne I like Lana Del Ray and Melanie Martinez too - good choices! I also like Taylor Swift, Tom Odell and Noah Kahan. I like reading realistic fiction/magical realism. I'd recommend Before the Coffee Gets Cold which is a really good, quick read. I'm currently reading the Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes Hunger Games book.

For a more social science type book Pain and Prejudice is quite good as it looks at a deep dive into women's health inequalities and was very insightful.

I've also got Predictably Irrational and The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat which are supposed to be quite good which I've not read yet
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,062 Wise Owl
    welcome @ameliaJayne - it's great to have you here
  • Options
    Matthew_04Matthew_04 Moderator Posts: 78 Budding Regular
    Hi @ameliaJayne and welcome to the mix =)
    Always nice to see a fellow psych student! What is your favourite part of the course so far?
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 644 Incredible Poster
    Welcome to The Mix, Amelia- And well done on becoming a discussion boards moderator! Love the fact that you are studying psychology as well! See you around :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Welcome to the team @ameliaJayne, glad to have you here! :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Hey @ameliaJayne

Welcome to the team - It's awesome to have you here :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

• Options
    @lunarcat522 I've always wanted to read pain and prejudice. If I get round to reading it I shall let you know. I am currently reading The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath and am loving!

Also you have great music taste. <3
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,017 Community Veteran
    @lunarcat522 I've always wanted to read pain and prejudice. If I get round to reading it I shall let you know. I am currently reading The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath and am loving!

Also you have great music taste. <3

I just looked at a sample online for The Bell Jar and it sounds like a very good read!. I hope you enjoy reading it <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    Glad to have u as part of the team @ameliaJayne <3
  • Options
    nat_nat_ Moderator Posts: 53 Boards Initiate
    hi @ameliaJayne !! welcome to the team! i am also a psychology student, how are you finding it? glad to have you, welcome to the mix <3
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 458 Listening Ear
    Welcome to our community @ameliaJayne! I hope you enjoy your time here at the boards! :smile:<3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    @nat_ I absolutely love my degree and i cant imagine myself doing anything else. Some of the modules are particularly difficult but all the hard work will be worth it in the end. What do you want to do after uni?
  • Options
    nat_nat_ Moderator Posts: 53 Boards Initiate
    @ameliaJayne i am so glad <3 me too!! it's a great degree, i'm thinking of going down the route of clinical psychologist, what about you?
  • Options
    @nat_ very similar to me- either clinical or potentially more psychotherapy based treatment!