Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Today

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,983 Community Veteran
I had certain thoughts, tht wen I go to the gym. Whilst the treadmill I was listening to 'ghost love score' nd looking at the room to see wat colours I could see. Wen I got out the building I still felt the same.
I don't no know how to understand them n they come on automatically. Does any1 no y thought go haywire someday?
How do ppl understand wat they are thought n the feelings tht come with them?
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    ameliaJayneameliaJayne Moderator Posts: 58 Boards Initiate
    Hi @ellie2000 I hope you have been having a good week so far!

Thoughts and feelings can be really complicated to understand. Often people will feel a certain way and not have any clue why. Similarly, people can think something random and not know why they have thought it, or even think they saw something or heard something and realise they haven't. You are not alone. Brains are complicated!

One thing to mention is that when we exercise it can temporarily change our bodies for example increase our heart rate, cause blurred vision or sensitivity to light, a light headed feeling and muscle tension. These physical symptoms can then cause anxiety which might make people over think what is happening to their body, mind or brain. I know that when some people exercise they can overthink lots about current thoughts and they don't go away until after they have relaxed after the gym.

I was wondering if maybe you would be able to explain a bit more about some of the experiences that you have had that you've been struggling to understand?
  • Options
    ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,983 Community Veteran
    @ameliaJayne wat wrong with ppl not explaining stuff? Bc of tht I try to think of something else and sometimes I hav thoughts/daydreams of deleting myself off the planet.
    Ppl won't tell me wat they are doing, y?
    Dw I'm gd though I hav ppl across the courtyard, so I can tlk to then but it's finding the right person. They sed 'not now Ellie, I'm busy' 🤬😫 wats 'goin private' regards to counselling?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    @ellie2000 When people say "going private" it means that they pay for the service themselves, so in terms of counselling you would be the one paying for the sessions rather than receiving them free through the NHS or a charity
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 605 Incredible Poster
    ellie2000 wrote: »
    @ameliaJayne wat wrong with ppl not explaining stuff? Bc of tht I try to think of something else and sometimes I hav thoughts/daydreams of deleting myself off the planet.
    Ppl won't tell me wat they are doing, y?
    Dw I'm gd though I hav ppl across the courtyard, so I can tlk to then but it's finding the right person. They sed 'not now Ellie, I'm busy' 🤬😫 wats 'goin private' regards to counselling?

Hey @ellie2000 it sounds like things have been quite difficult lately and you've been having some tough thoughts around not being here anymore. Remember that we are all here for you. <3

I'm hearing that you have some people who you can talk to but it's been difficult to find the right person since some of them have turned you away because they are busy. It's so brave of you to approach people for support, Ellie, that can't have been easy.

If you find yourself in crisis (now or in the future) we do have a text-based Crisis Messenger service that you can use 24/7 by texting THEMIX to 85258.

You could also contact other crisis services, such as:
    Samartians (24/7) | call 116 123 | email jo@samaritans.org
    Papyrus (2pm-midnight) | call 0800 068 41 41 | text 07786 209 697 | email pat@payrus-uk.org
    Supportline (hours vary) | call 01708 765 200

Have you used crisis services like this before?