Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Popularity

DavidDavid Posts: 92 Budding Regular
edited January 1 in Sex & Relationships
In the large majority of cases it's easy to see why a person is popular, even if you don't personally like them. However, I had a very popular colleague who had a long list of bad attributes. I've never had a clue why he was the most popular person in the office, as I can't work out what his appeal could be & never heard anyone say why. He was lazy, dishonest, unreliable, irresponsible, arrogant & out of shape. He didn't have any of the attributes that often make people popular; he wasn't funny, charming, charismatic, informative, entertaining, athletic, tall, handsome, rich or famous. His looks, intelligence & social skills were no better than about average. He was so popular that he took it upon himself to temporarily take over when the boss wasn't there, without anyone ever objecting to that. He was never asked to temporarily take that role & wasn't suited to it. He was never the best, oldest or longest-serving member of staff & didn't have any managerial skills. He was especially popular with our female colleagues under 30, to such an extent that he dry-humped them by surprise whenever he felt like it. Not only did none of them object to that, but they were pleased & took it as a compliment that he'd given them that attention, as though it was an honour! If any of the other guys in the office had done that (which they didn't), they'd have been slapped, shouted at, sacked & likely arrested.

For the whole time we worked together, he chose to be single & enjoyed NSA sex with many girls. On one occasion I unintentionally walked in on him & a new female colleague as they were having sex in the stationery cupboard! I've not had any contact with him since I stopped working at that office over a year ago. He's active on social media, where he now boasts about his baby, showing lots of photos of them together. He doesn't mention a significant other & none of the many pictures of his baby include anyone other than him.

The second-most popular person in the same office at the same time was pretty, friendly & likeable, so it was easy to understand her popularity.