Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What are some cheap or free Christmas activities?

JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
Here are a few things @TheMix recommends :)

7a5ivuibdtj5.jpg

alt text:
  • Christmas movie night
  • Visit the garden centre
  • Wreath making
  • Local Christmas light show
  • Browse a Christmas market
  • Have your own Bake Off
  • Hot chocolate & s'mores night
The truth resists simplicity.

Comments

• Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    Has anyone ever made wreaths? How on earth do you do it? 🤔
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    I've never even tried, but they always look really impressive when people make them! :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    @JustV I've made a Pompom Christmas wreath before using green and red pompoms and a wire from hobbycraft. It was quite a good way to pass the time but I'm not sure I'd do another one!
  • Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Christmas origami :heart:

The other day I was at my face to face volunteering and we made Christmas trees out of paper, it was quite fun.

It seems like a fun easy festive activity, and there are lots of tutorials on YT
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    Christmas Origami is something I want to have at go at this year maybe I might make some trees in the office :)
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    @Amy22 I've just posted in the Christmas Crafts thread with a tutorial link on 3D paper snowflakes ❄️ if you're interested! I'd love to see what else you make, I really enjoy having a go at origami but it can be really difficult - it requires a lot of concentration!
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    @lunarcat522 aww I've just seen that thread and omg they do look fantastic actually. I used to make paper snowflakes all the time in college and school.

My adhd would be screaming if I tried to follow a Christmas origami video 😂 😭
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films