Homeβ€Ί Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hello!!

Matthew_04Matthew_04 Moderator Posts: 78 Budding Regular
Hi, I'm Matthew
I'm currently in university but when I'm not in class you could catch me cross-stitching or playing the guitar. I really love animals, I've got a cat called Oscar and I'd love to get a parrot or a dog someday soon.
I'm really passionate about mental health wellbeing and awareness and super excited to join this community.

Comments

• Options
    sputniksputnik Posts: 82 Budding Regular
    Hi @Matthew_04 ! Nice to meet you, welcome to the forum :)

What kind of things do you like to cross-stitch?
    I know you fought hard as hell

but let this sink in

you do not have to fight by yourself

~ lyrics from Willow by The Little Unsaid
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    Hi @Matthew_04 welcome to the mix! What do you study at university?
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    @Matthew_04 welcome to the mod team!
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Welcome to the team @Matthew_04 ! :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    LydsRose9LydsRose9 Posts: 106 The Mix Convert
    Hi @Matthew_04! It’s great to have you here! I look forward to seeing you around :3 - I love your profile picture btw!
    Keep fighting the good fight!
  • Options
    hnnehnne Moderator Posts: 5 Confirmed not a robot
    Hi @Matthew_04 ! Im new as a mod too :) Hope you're finding it okay!
  • Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Hey @Matthew_04

Welcome to The Mix :smile:
    Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus DumbledoreΒ 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,017 Community Veteran
    Hi @Matthew_04 cross stitch sounds really fun to do, I'd like to have a go one day <3.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    Hi Matthew, welcome to the community, its nice to meet you! I would love to get a parrot someday too! Especially one that can talk and annoy me as much as I will annoy it xD
    Looking forward to seeing you around :)
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,062 Wise Owl
    Hi and welcome Matthew :3
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,021 Wise Owl
    Hiii, welcome!!
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 645 Incredible Poster
    Welcome to The Mix, Matthew!

It's lovely to hear that you are an animal lover (me too!), can play guitar and are passionate about mental health- that's an awesome mix! What are you studying at university?
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    Welcome to the team!
  • Options
    @sputnik I really enjoy cross stitching floral designs and I've recently got into customizing my clothes with cross stitch designs.
  • Options
    @lunarcat522 and @Maisy I'm studying psychology at university and it's so interesting and enjoyable to study... apart from the statistics modules of course :#
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    @Matthew_04 I love your profile picture! Is that your cat?
  • Options
    KBee99KBee99 Posts: 62 Boards Initiate
    Hi @Matthew_04 welcome to the mix! I look forward to seeing you on the discussion boards
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 458 Listening Ear
    Hello @Matthew_04, welcome to our community! Hope you're doing okay, I look forward to seeing you around! :3<3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    @lunarcat522 and @Maisy I'm studying psychology at university and it's so interesting and enjoyable to study... apart from the statistics modules of course
    @Matthew_04 I love your profile picture! Is that your cat?

Ahaha yeah that's my cat :)
  • Options
    nat_nat_ Moderator Posts: 53 Boards Initiate
    hi @Matthew_04 welcome to the community!!! glad to have you here
    I also have a cat named Oscar, and study psychology, I hope it is all going well for you <3
  • Options
    ameliaJayneameliaJayne Moderator Posts: 58 Boards Initiate
    Hi @Matthew_04 welcome to the team! I also am a psychology student, what has been your favourite module so far?
  • Options
    Hi @Matthew_04 welcome to the team! I also am a psychology student, what has been your favourite module so far?

I find the developmental psychology modules super interesting, I loved learning about attachment theory =)
    How about you?

• Options
    ameliaJayneameliaJayne Moderator Posts: 58 Boards Initiate
    @Matthew_04 sameee I love the developmental modules. If you are anything like me the research skills is not your favourite.
  • Options
    @ameliaJayne πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Yeah me and research skills do NOT get along