Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ventng

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,983 Community Veteran
If I vent about my experience in a town to a thread on fb, is tht not gd? Or is it a form of therapy?
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    KBee99KBee99 Posts: 62 Boards Initiate
    Hello @ellie2000

What have you experienced? Depending on what the issue it is it may be helpful to share your thoughts on it.
  • Options
    fiona333fiona333 Posts: 141 Helping Hand
    Hi @ellie2000

I think venting about your experiences can you useful, sometimes you just need to get your thoughts and feelings out and feel heard. But I think this depends on what is it you are sharing, if you feel comfortable, could you please elaborate?

Best wishes,
    Fiona :)
  • Options
    ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,983 Community Veteran
    edited November 2023
    @fiona333 @KBee99 I saw a van had been smashed in on my last town's Community page, and I had a bit of a rant about how unsafe it was and they compared it the town I'm currently in, n I argue. I wrote the stuff tht I experienced which wasnt good, was tht overdoing it?
    I'm happy now
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    @ellie2000 I don't think that's overdoing it. I think venting would only be considered an issue in a community chat if it was more personal i.e. if you were sharing lots of personal details about your life that could be considered overwhelming for others to read or triggering. If it's just something minor like about vandalism and it's related to your town/community then you should be okay!
  • Options
    KBee99KBee99 Posts: 62 Boards Initiate
    Hello @ellie2000 I agree with @lunarcat522

It’s very important to report vandalism in your local community as it allows people who live in the area to be aware what is going on and can help prevent them from vandalising again!