Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hiiii everyone!

Hi guys! My name here is Shasha (it's the name of my IKEA shark - he is also my profile pic!) and I'm new to the mix community as a peer supporter :D
I've recently just graduated from my BSc programme in neuroscience and psychology, and I'm starting my masters next year in psychosis studies. I love cooking! Anyone here also loves Gordon please say yesss and also reading - I love all fiction books.
Happy to join this big loving and caring family :3

Comments

• Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    Hi @Shasha_0517 love your profile picture. I also love to read fiction. Neuroscience and psychology sounds interesting! I'm hoping to study MA Psychology as an undergraduate
  • Options
    Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    Hi @Shasha_0517 Welcome to the community!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    Hiya Shasha, its nice to meet you! Its so cool IKEA named their shark after you! ;) hehe
    Welcome to the community and I'm looking forward to seeing you around!
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 645 Incredible Poster
    Welcome to The Mix, Shasha- your shark is so cute!

Best of luck with your masters- it sounds really interesting!

Gordon? As in Ramsey? I love him! Though I can't cook much but still :p

See you around :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    Hi guys! My name here is Shasha (it's the name of my IKEA shark - he is also my profile pic!) and I'm new to the mix community as a peer supporter :D
    I've recently just graduated from my BSc programme in neuroscience and psychology, and I'm starting my masters next year in psychosis studies. I love cooking! Anyone here also loves Gordon please say yesss and also reading - I love all fiction books.
    Happy to join this big loving and caring family :3

Omg I love Gordon ramsey's cooking show I find very funny lol. Also im very jelly you got an ikea shark, I would like an ikea shark so much!. I really want jungskog bear. (ignore my terrible spelling haha). Anway welcome to the mix, you are gonna love it here! :D.

Amy xxxx
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    LydsRose9LydsRose9 Posts: 106 The Mix Convert
    Hey @Shasha_0517! Welcome to The Mix - it’s great to have you here! Your BSc sounds so interesting, did you enjoy it? I’m hoping to start a masters next year too! I’m looking forward to seeing you around :)
    Keep fighting the good fight!
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,064 Wise Owl
    edited November 2023
    Hi and welcome @Shasha_0517 from one peer supporter to another. It's great to have you here and you're degree sounds super interesting (as a former psychology student too)

Good luck with the masters programme next year as well (I'm currently doing mine)

Hope to see you around and sending lots of hugs
    Sinead
  • Options
    catherines03catherines03 Posts: 29 Boards Initiate
    Hi @Shasha_0517 so nice to have you hear on The Mix! A psychology masters sounds so cool, best of luck with it. I am also the proud owner of an ikea shark (he's matching with my best friend, mine is called Keith and hers is called Teeth)
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 462 Listening Ear
    Hey @Shasha_0517, welcome to our community from a fellow peer supporter!! Congratulations for graduating in neuroscience and psychology! I'm studying psychology in uni right now and neuroscience is super interesting, I kind of wish I chose it! Best of luck with your masters next year! Also I really love Gordon!! But I can't cook to save my life hahah

Hope you enjoy it here! I'm really looking forward to seeing you around in the boards! :3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 839 Part of The Mix Family
    Welcome to the mix @Shasha_0517 <3
  • Options
    Katie12Katie12 Posts: 243 Trailblazer
    hey @Shasha_0517 welcome!
    That sounds like a very interesting undergraduate course! good luck with your masters next year! I am currently deciding between psychology related courses for my own!
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    @Katie12 What courses are you considering? I'm really interested as I'm planning on hopefully going undergraduate MA psychology year 2, but after undergraduate I'm not really sure - maybe some sort of postgraduate and then research? Or a job as a support person in a college? I'm not too sure yet!
  • Options
    Katie12Katie12 Posts: 243 Trailblazer
    @lunarcat522 I'm a bit unsure atm. Cant decide between mental health related courses or something more to do with forensic psychology! both are very interesting but so different :lol:
    A support role in college sounds like it would be an interesting job too!
  • Options
    KBee99KBee99 Posts: 62 Boards Initiate
    Hi @Shasha_0517 welcome to the mix!!

I look forward to seeing you around the discussion boards! I also studied psychology at uni :)
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Welcome @Shasha_0517, glad to have you on board! :)