Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Self care

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,982 Community Veteran
How long is bathtime for a normal person
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 634 Incredible Poster
    There isn't a right or wrong answer here. It's down to what the person prefers, I suppose.

Some people might prefer a quick shower, while others prefer a long soak in the bath.

For me, I'm in the middle somewhere...I like to have a bath but don't stay in there too long because I also get dry skin.

How about you?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    LydsRose9LydsRose9 Posts: 106 The Mix Convert
    Echoing what @Maisy said, there is no such thing as ‘normal’ when it comes to bathtime, as it’s based on personal preference really!

For me it changes with my mood, if I’m feeling stressed (or cold) I prefer a long bath, maybe an hour plus, as it relaxes me, but other days I prefer a quick 10 minute shower! What do you prefer?
    Keep fighting the good fight!
  • Options
    @LydsRose9 @Maisy i dont think a showers relaxing, u cant spend time in one of those
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    KBee99KBee99 Posts: 62 Boards Initiate
    Hello @ellie2000

Just wanted to add that depending on someones mood they may feel like spending a short time or long time in the bath/shower. Also depends if someone is having a quick wash or washing their hair or pampering themselves!
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    LydsRose9 wrote: »
    For me it changes with my mood, if I’m feeling stressed (or cold) I prefer a long bath, maybe an hour plus, as it relaxes me
    @LydsRose9 An hour plus?? I thought I was the only one who spends so much time having a bath, my parents always got angry at me for taking so long haha, and I rarely have it for over an hour. That's cool tho, interesting to hear that I'm not the only one taking so long here :)
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    LydsRose9LydsRose9 Posts: 106 The Mix Convert
    edited November 2023
    @JJLemon18, I have to admit my parents sometimes get annoyed too🤣I often start watching a series and before I know it it’s been an hour!
    Keep fighting the good fight!
  • Options
    @LydsRose9 @JJLemon18 @KBee99 @Maisy
    If ur feeling panicky coz to much ppl, do u walk out anyway even if the teacher said no? And do u say 'don't tlk!!!!' wen u c a person bc u no they're nasty?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    KBee99KBee99 Posts: 62 Boards Initiate
    Hello @ellie2000

How are you doing?

Has something happened today? I noticed you mentioned someone being nasty and feeling panicked.
  • Options
    @LydsRose9 wait you watch stuff while taking a bath?? I could never. I kinda just lie there for an hour contemplating life xD
  • Options
    ellie2000 wrote: »
    If ur feeling panicky coz to much ppl, do u walk out anyway even if the teacher said no? And do u say 'don't tlk!!!!' wen u c a person bc u no they're nasty?

Not really been in that situation myself. I would personally stay, but if you're feeling really overwhelmed then maybe its okay to leave and just explain yourself to the teacher later.

In terms of the nasty person. I wouldn't say that at all, it will only make things worse in my opinion. I'd say to just ignore them and try your best to not let them know they upset you.

Hope you're okay @ellie2000 :)