Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Rant - work laptop

Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,064 Community Veteran
Sorry for the rant but I will infodump right now. I just started work placement on a traineeship programne with a big company media in tv and film. But I just feel mind blown and so tired this week. i just feel like I should be prepared as I have to travel on train to get there. Weirdly, my work laptop isnt set up and IT are not in so I had to bring in my personal laptop with me and I managed to get wifi. I just I know at home I cant get the work wifi but I clicked on their wifi thing website and it said not private at home but only in work it works. Plus I just feel like im being watched both at work and home and using my laptop is illegal. Sorry for the rant it just feels weird using my personal laptop for work right now.stupid me
Just a person who likes pop culture and films

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,132 Part of The Furniture
    Starting new jobs can be really challenging @Amy22 and your feelings are super valid. Do you feel comfortable talking to your line manager about your feelings and if there are any other suggestions they can recommend? For example, if you can use someone else's work laptop temporarily while yours gets set up? :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Yeah @Laura_tigger82 that might be a good idea. Sorry I was just having a stupid silly ovwrthinkjng moment feeling a bit better. I might ask them possibly just cause I don't mind using my personal but I don't want to lose it or something cause I can be very very forgetful. Also, I think I was just ranting because my first week I learnt so much and I think my mind has been officially blown
  • Options
    Your feelings are completely valid here @Amy22. Overthinking and overwhelm can be difficult but it is really positive to hear you are feeling a bit better now.

Have you managed to ask them yet? I am also wondering how this week has been for you, more generally, if you would like to share more with us about this :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Your feelings are completely valid here @Amy22. Overthinking and overwhelm can be difficult but it is really positive to hear you are feeling a bit better now.

Have you managed to ask them yet? I am also wondering how this week has been for you, more generally, if you would like to share more with us about this :)

Hi yeah I talked to them about it and they weren't too worried. It came in the end and are sorting out my work laptop and I might be getting a new one because the one I was given apparently is very old lol so I might need a new one possibly. I feel way better now and I feel like I properly settled and met new friends. I feel a bit better now than last week, I really appreciate your help though <3
  • Options
    It is positive to hear they are sorting your work laptop now @Amy22. I can hear how that might help to relieve some of the difficulties you have been facing in joining your new job. What an amazing update - really glad to hear you are feeling better now and more settled and have friends already! What huge progress you have made <3
  • Options
    Aw thank you so much @Laura_tigger82