Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Halloween or Xmas?.

Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
I feel like I'm more of a Halloween fan really than Xmas but I do love Xmas all the way. I wonder what others think :).
Just a person who likes pop culture and films

Halloween or Xmas?. 15 votes

Halloween
0%
Xmas
93%
Aifeindependent_Azzimansinead276kaiiebyrne556JJLemon18Terry8936LydsRose9lunarcat522Katie12Madleyncherrybluceoc84AnonymousToe 14 votes
Other type of holiday, festival or celebration :)
6%
JustV 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,064 Wise Owl
    Xmas
    I do enjoy halloween but for me I think there's just something about christmas and the festive spirit in december :3
  • Options
    @sinead276 me too I also love spooky season but I think Christmas has that special family joy to it I think where you can just relax and watch TV or even a good old Christmas film and just enjoy yourself. Also, mince pies and food are a bonus.
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 839 Part of The Mix Family
    Xmas
    ohh hard one i feel xmas is more cheerful in a way plus the movies are better
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Xmas
    @ebyrne556 - i completely agree. I can't wait until december time and I can watch all the christmas films again.
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,647 Legendary Poster
    Xmas
    I’m a christmas fan through and through. Don’t even really like Halloween at all apart from maybe a horror on the night itself, but my friends love it and want me to dress up and go to this Halloween event thing in the town near me. We shall see lol
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Xmas
    Definitely Christmas - it's one of the only times of the year that everyone can get time off together, and that beats getting some sweets (or giving away sweets!). Also, hot chocolate tastes much better in December winter <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Katie12Katie12 Posts: 243 Trailblazer
    Xmas
    @Amy22 @sinead276 do you have a favourite Christmas film??
  • Options
    @Katie12 I now it's not a christmas movie but the nightmare before christmas puts a smile on my face next to Elf
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    Xmas
    @Amy22 Think there's going to be reruns in cinemas closer to Halloween!
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    Other type of holiday, festival or celebration :)
    Never had much of an attachment to Christmas, but I've come to enjoy New Year's. I don't really do much for it - I tend to stay home and have more of a chill, reflect-y evening. I think I just like the satisfaction of the year coming to a close and the weird peacefulness of it tbh. :)
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    @Amy22 Think there's going to be reruns in cinemas closer to Halloween!

Oo that does sound exciting actually, I might have to check them out possibly to see if my local cinema do any films. I got some of them on DVD too and I love my Elf DVD too. I'm so excited a bit for spooky season as I love pumpkins and spooky things too.

@JustV I love new years celebration as it's so fun counting down and watching the fireworks on TV.
  • Options
    Xmas
    @katie12 - there are so many to choose from but I'd have to say either Elf of Nativity (all of them tbh)
  • Options
    Xmas
    Amy22 wrote: »
    @Katie12 I now it's not a christmas movie but the nightmare before christmas puts a smile on my face next to Elf

oooo yeah i do love that film and definitely can't go wrong with Elf :lol:
  • Options
    Xmas
    sinead276 wrote: »
    @katie12 - there are so many to choose from but I'd have to say either Elf of Nativity (all of them tbh)

Hahaha yeah most Christmas films are always great! don't think it would be Christmas without watching the nativity at least once :lol:
  • Options
    Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    Xmas
    I vote for the snow :)
  • Options
    Katie12 wrote: »

Hahaha yeah most Christmas films are always great! don't think it would be Christmas without watching the nativity at least once :lol:

I love NATIVITY SO MUCH!!!!! and NATIVITY 2 only because of Mr Poppy
  • Options
    Xmas
    Katie12 wrote: »

I love NATIVITY SO MUCH!!!!! and NATIVITY 2 only because of Mr Poppy

Mr poppy has to be one of the most loveable film characters ever lol
  • Options
    @Katie12 Mr Poppy is my spirit animal hang on Imma find a pic of him xd

omg wait should I crochet myself a mr poppy?.

uih1mtqd3nea.png
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 461 Listening Ear
    Xmas
    I love both holidays! Though I prefer Christmas ^^ I enjoy the festive vibes and the idea of chilling at home, watching Christmas movies! Also cooking with family during this time is so much fun!! :3<3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    Xmas
    @Katie12 Mr Poppy is my spirit animal hang on Imma find a pic of him xd

omg wait should I crochet myself a mr poppy?.

uih1mtqd3nea.png

You absolutely should!!
  • Options
    @Katie12 Also we need a mini David Tenant ready for the holidays!!! I should make them lol
  • Options
    Xmas
    @Katie12 Also we need a mini David Tenant ready for the holidays!!! I should make them lol

omg yes such a good idea
  • Options
    cherrybluceoc84cherrybluceoc84 Posts: 8 Confirmed not a robot
    Xmas
    Christmas can't be beat for me!