Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Transitions

ElleFroggo05ElleFroggo05 Posts: 121 The Mix Convert
edited August 2023 in Health & Wellbeing
Hey guys so tomorrow at half 1 I have a meeting with camhs transitions team. This is because recently been diagnosed with adhd and autism and then depression afterwards as well as being diagnosed with anxiety previously. I was wondering if anyone knows what expect or what adult services are like. I’m really anxious about it and I’ve been having panic attacks because of the anxiety it’s been causing me. I don’t know anything about adult services and I just want everything be perfect
How is my adhd autistic anxious depressed brain functioning-? I don’t know either
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Sorry guys didn’t mean tag ocd and phobias I don’t have ocd I do have phobias but that isn’t related to this post sorry again guys
    How is my adhd autistic anxious depressed brain functioning-? I don’t know either
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,998 Community Veteran
    Hey wishing you all the best for your camhs transition meeting and I hope all goes well for you. Transistioning can be a scary anxious feeling especially when you are being moved onto the adult mental health services. As someone who was recently referred back to the adult mental health services I know how scary it can be. The adult mental health services pretty much do the same as camhs except it's for adults. I'm not one to be negative about experiences but I personally find that the adult mental health services at the moment aren't very great. Obviously I had a slightly different experience so you may find the services work for you. But personally I found they could only do so much and most of the time some of the things they signposted me to didn't help as much. I know that they can signpost you to charities and types of counselling as well. I'm probably not the best as advice with this but I can imagine how anxious you must be feeling about it <3. I'm always here if you want to talk more about it <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Thanks guys luckily all went well
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,998 Community Veteran
    Im glad that is all went well in the end <3 how are you feeling about things now after the meeting?
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    I feel ok
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    Glad things went well @Elouise_Elle05 sending you hugs and positivity and if you ever want to chat things through you know where we r <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Thank you you too @ebyrne556