Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Black market weed

Before 2020 the black market sold many drugs and for thousands of people cannabis was a regular choice. As the plant has been being made legal several countries the UK government continues to reject the idea.

As a regular user, along with many people I know who smoke weed, I have to write this to alert others.

I actually stopped smoking at the start of 2020…when the pandemic started I knew it would be difficult to get hold of so I was glad I had decided to stop before that. But, over the last 3 years I’ve had 3 of 4 occasions when I got a batch.

Each time I lost a week or two and regretted it after. When I say I “lost” a week or two I don’t just mean I was just a bit unmotivated and forgot what the details were: I mean I LOST a block of time. For the most part I was like a heroin addict; stuck to the sofa, not able to function or converse with anyone property, falling asleep whilst sitting upright!! (THIS IS NOT NORMAL for cannabis - I started to think it was laced with something…let’s face it we can never know if street drugs are laced or not).

The effects were not pleasant at all. But I put it down to me having less tolerance after abstaining got several months and the homegrown skunk I was offered being so strong.

But, the this last time I started to realise it was more than that. The weed sure looks and smells real but the effect is not. It’s actually much more like the legal highs (pep) that I and some friends used for a time many years ago. So I started do research “cannabis laced with spice”. I had never (knowingly) smoked spice before (I’m not in any way interested it). The reason I smoked cannabis for years, and would like to smoke it occasionally, is for relaxation and sometimes a bit of creative inspiration.

I started finding loads of information about laced cannabis being sold all over the world. In some places cannabis has been found to laced with fentanyl!!!!! This is extremely dangerous and can be deadly 💀

I found news articles from reports of synthetic laced cannabis (sometimes industrial hemp) laced with spice (synthetic cannabis) to make it appear to be the real deal. This is cheaper for dealers and industrial hemp is much, much easier to get.

I started to think that bad shit drug kingpins who only care about making lots of money and keeping their customers coming back for more will see mixing synthetic cannabis with hemp or poorly grown weed IS the best business model.

I’m waiting on drug test kits to come so that I can test this theory. I have minuscule amount of remnants from the batch of weed that I scraped from the grinder. I will return here and report my findings.

Until then, anyone who is reading this: stay safe, stay alert and know that unfortunately we cannot trust illegal drugs to be what we’re told (even if our best friend passes them to us) x

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Reports of adulterated weed have been around forever, but in most cases it’s bollocks.

Most of the reports you’ll find on the internet of’ laced weed’ are not backed up by any evidence whatsoever.

Some stories are clearly not true, such as weed laced with LSD or Cocaine. Doesn’t happen.

Spice and other synthetic cannaboids are more believable but even then it makes more sense to sell it as it is. Fucking people up with a buzz they weren’t expecting is bad business, especially when it’s easier just to sell it as what it is.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    dyoverdxdyoverdx Posts: 49 Boards Initiate
    Skive wrote: »
    Reports of adulterated weed have been around forever, but in most cases it’s bollocks.

Most of the reports you’ll find on the internet of’ laced weed’ are not backed up by any evidence whatsoever.

Some stories are clearly not true, such as weed laced with LSD or Cocaine. Doesn’t happen.

Spice and other synthetic cannaboids are more believable but even then it makes more sense to sell it as it is. Fucking people up with a buzz they weren’t expecting is bad business, especially when it’s easier just to sell it as what it is.

I’ve had weed that really fucked me up. I didn’t feel right at all. I was experiencing psychotic symptoms such as paranoia and hallucinations.
    I’ve stopped now but why could my peers be chilled out but I was a mess?
    “Most people are so ungrateful to be alive. But not you. Not anymore.”
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,021 Wise Owl
    @dyoverdx i guess it’s similar to how different medications affect people in different ways, not everyone is gonna get the same effect. I dont know the science behind it though if that’s what you’re asking lol
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 634 Incredible Poster
    @dyoverdx just wanted to drop by and recommend our article on cannabis https://www.themix.org.uk/crime-and-safety/cannabis-9963.html as well as a link from FRANK on cannabis https://www.talktofrank.com/drug/cannabis#how-it-feels that you might want to check out. Judging by those links alone, there are a lot of different factors that can affect how you might react to cannabis.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.