Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Wen u miss ppl

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,985 Community Veteran
How do u not think/miss ppl tht really help u in the years u we're struggling. I tried to call them today but they're not receiving calls frm my number, wateva tht means? . Is there something I can do to get my mind off them?
Mr.c n 2 other gd ppl. I have moved now and I'm away from tht town, but I thought of them when I went to lay down :(
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular
    I think missing people is a very difficult feeling to have and it’s also very very valid. The natural wave of social human interactions and the way people part paths , naturally ends in people floating apart and moving onto new people and new friendships and you just loose contact. But it can be difficult to cope with, I deffo struggle myself - particularly if I see old photos with people I’m no longer in contact with.

I would say, if you can no longer talk to them or they don’t want to talk to you, the best way to keep your mind off it, is to try and find new people /groups/friends and also do fun hobbies and things you enjoy to distract yourself.

Remember you are valid 💕🥰
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Hey @ellie2000 - I hear you, and that's a natural way to feel. Even if we haven't spoken to those people for a while, we can miss old friends. In this situation, it sounds like you really had a bond with them because of how they helped you when you were in a difficult situation. As @louisa982 says, people come and go in our lives, so you may have grown apart. At a point in time, you could be the best of friends, but things happen in life that may have meant that that is no longer the case. Old friendships can fizzle out, and new ones can grow in their place.

As to why those people didn't pick up the phone, it could be something simple as they were busy, or perhaps more that you both don't really hang out together any more. You could try sending them a message instead. If they respond, then perhaps they're interested to talk and you can go from there. If not, then it's best to leave it be, and accept that you've grown apart now. Engaging with other things, such as activities or meeting new friends, are healthy things to do in that case :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.