Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

So I learned...

ririsssririsss Posts: 16 Settling in
edited March 27 in Home, Law & Money
I learned not so long ago that when I tried to run away from my foster home when I was six, the gate I was trying to leave through had never been locked. Whenever I remember that incident, it makes it even scarier knowing I could've easily gone missing. Hoping I'm not the only one who's had experiences with irresponsible foster carers?
Post edited by JustV on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    mk1881mk1881 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    @ririsss,
    I only had one foster family. But I've had friends with foster home horror stories. I'm sorry that that was your environment though. Here if you want to talk more in depth about it. <3
    "But our lives will only ever always Continue to be A balancing act That has less to do with pain And more to do with beauty." -Shane Koyczan
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    Sending hugs to you @ririsss I can imagine how scary that must be especially lookibg back. As @mk1881 we are all here if you want to chat further about it.Look after yourself <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    libbystrawberrylibbystrawberry Community Champion Posts: 585 Incredible Poster
    @ririsss woah thats a lot, knowing that at 6 anything could have happened, im soo glad nothing did happen tho <3
    i dont wanna be alone forever.
  • Options
    VicK_toriousVicK_torious Posts: 107 The Mix Convert
    @ririsss so glad you're safe.. My mind is blown and scared of what could've happened!