Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Something I just came up with - story idea maybe?.

Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
edited June 2023 in Creative Corner
I just came up with this story idea in my head and wanted to write it here.

I went to work stocking the shelves with our usual stock, crystals, books, and some other things others may have found odd. Boxes of yarn were scattered everywhere, the shop was a rainbow of colour. The shop you could say was niche with what it sold. We didn't get many customers, but when we did it was usually the odd stranger having a browse, they rarely bought anything. It wasn't the most popular place in town the coffee shop across would beat us heavily at that. I sighed as I stacked some books in alphabetical order, How to clean your crystals, reading chakras for beginners, etc. until the doorbell whistled. I craned my neck around to spot a young woman strolling into the store. Her blonde hair was tied up neatly in a ponytail. She looked smart and well-kept. I stared at her as she browsed through some of the boxes which took her fancy. Maybe I will make a sale today I thought to myself.

"Can I help you with anything?" I asked clearing my throat as I slid down the small ladder which was placed against the bookshelf. A pause. The woman shifted her gaze towards me. I was surrounded by a pale blue light. My, those eyes were beautiful when you looked at them close enough. "I'm particularly new here" the woman said with such confidence. We both looked up at each other for a moment. For some reason I felt some sort of connection, I could feel a small tingle of my magic rush through my body. "Are you..okay?". I stopped for a moment embarrased by the fact that I was staring at this woman for so long. "Oh sorry...I just zoned out for a moment. "I do that too sometimes" she replied whilst inspecting the discount basket which was filled up with a kalidoscope of wool. Who is this woman I asked myself and why did I feel a connection. My thoughts began to pace a little bit faster than they normally would. I stepped forward slightly "Those are 1.99 each" I began to say. "So do you like knitting as a hobby?" I asked breaking the awkward silence between us. She fiddled with the wool. "It was a hobby that my mother used to do, I did learn at some point but I'm far too busy for that now". "So uh you say your constantly busy, what do you do as like a job?". God I was so awkward when it came to conversation. Why is she smiling like that at me. "If I told you, I would simply have to kill you" with a laugh she moved over to the till. I began to feel slightly concerned as I ringed up the prices into the till. "Oh no....I won't kill you, its that I prefer not to say what my job is...exactly". She then used a finger to point around the shop. "I..well people around here woulden't respect me as much" she said. Then it came to me.

I thought i'd post this idk why lol
Just a person who likes pop culture and films
Post edited by Azziman on

Comments

• Options
    One of the words I used I found from a book by In Deeper Waters by F.T Lukens 'kalidoscope' I think is the word why am I writing this I tend to sturggle with words and orginality ignore this post
  • Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Hey @Amy22

This is really good :heart:

I'm so glad you posted it :smile:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Thank you @Stephanie I guess I like writing though one of the words was similar to a book I was reading. I want to try to get back into creative writing at some point :)
  • Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,277 Wise Owl
    I love this @Amy22 I'm glad u posted ittt :) I'm the same, creative writing is so incredibly fun but I just haven't had much time lately but hopefully I can get back into it this summer! I'd love to hear more of ur stuff if u want to share it <3
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    Thank you so much @Xee I'm pleased that you liked it. I tend to worry that my stuff isnt original but I could upload some of my college scripts on here too if you wanted :)
  • Options
    @Amy22 I get what u mean about not being original but honestly every writer is influenced by other writers so try not to worry too much about originality :) I'd love to read it if u wanted to upload more stuff!
  • Options
    Xee wrote: »
    @Amy22 I get what u mean about not being original but honestly every writer is influenced by other writers so try not to worry too much about originality :) I'd love to read it if u wanted to upload more stuff!

Aww thank you so much I tend to worry a lot aha i tend to use similar words to some books too xd sorry Im having a brain dump on here xd Id also like to read some of your stuff too on here if you'd like. I have been writing a story for a film I made in college which is about two paranormal investigators and its a comedy. I wrote a kind of prequel to how they met and a short story involving a road trip.
  • Options
    ooh that sounds cool i'd love to read itt :) I'd share my stuff too but i'm no good at short stories, most of my things end up being like mini books (usually unfinished ones lol) so it would be way too long. and the few short ones i have written usually end up being disturbing lol and might go against guidelines bcs some of em are kinda graphic
  • Options
    Xee wrote: »
    ooh that sounds cool i'd love to read itt :) I'd share my stuff too but i'm no good at short stories, most of my things end up being like mini books (usually unfinished ones lol) so it would be way too long. and the few short ones i have written usually end up being disturbing lol and might go against guidelines bcs some of em are kinda graphic

Aw no worries <3 I totally understand I also have written some dark stuff too ish but they sound very good :)