Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Books and Books Reccomendations

Comments

• Options
    CaniceQCaniceQ Posts: 122 The Mix Convert
    @Amy22 lol. I struggle to read post-apocalyptic, dystopian-like books ever since my A-Levels as I become quite ill after consuming it (both because of how emotionally damaging they tend to be and studying a lot of those books). But somehow it doesn't explain how I love psychological horrors and emotionally tormenting media - like I literally just completed Wuthering Heights.
    CaniceQ
  • Options
    CaniceQCaniceQ Posts: 122 The Mix Convert
    @Xee Oh yes please, I would love that :) The only lgbtq+ fiction that I've read is a webtoon called #muted. It's definitely one of my favourite webtoons.
    CaniceQ
  • Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,277 Wise Owl
    @CaniceQ i forgot webtoons were a thing omg, thinking abt it is making me feel so nostalgic haha. i'll send them here when i can be bothered to get up and check xD
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,998 Community Veteran
    CaniceQ wrote: »
    @Amy22 lol. I struggle to read post-apocalyptic, dystopian-like books ever since my A-Levels as I become quite ill after consuming it (both because of how emotionally damaging they tend to be and studying a lot of those books). But somehow it doesn't explain how I love psychological horrors and emotionally tormenting media - like I literally just completed Wuthering Heights.

I find post apocalyptic books too to be a bit hard. A lot of my fantasy books tend to have strong themes in them which make me feel emotional for an entire week. Love webtoons tho cool website. I know there's a graphic novel online called Glass Scientists which is based off of Jekyll and Hyde and there's a queer romance between Jekyll and Laynon which is cool.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    @Amy22 OMG I NEED TO READ THAT QUEER VERSION OF J&H IT SOUNDS SO COOL!!

@CaniceQ Here are my fav lgbtq themed books!
    I'll give you the sun by jandy nelson
    the gravity of us by phil stamper
    the girls i've been by tess sharpe
    far from the tree by robin benway
    19 love songs by david levithan
    red white and royal blye by casey mcquinston
    if i was your girl by meredith russo

i've got loads more but then i'll be here forever lol so those are my favs :)
  • Options
    Xee wrote: »

i've got loads more but then i'll be here forever lol so those are my favs :)

ITs sooo good @Xee I think you'll love it so much I'll find the link for you <3https://www.theglassscientists.com/ here it is (its a graphic novel too so there's some cool artwork in it)

There's also a jekyll and hyde remix book too which involves people of colour which I will also find the link too. It's called My Dear Henry Jekyll by Kalynn Bayron Google has told me :).
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    Yess pride themed books r great and id highly recommend she gets the girl.Also ik this is a popular one but is anyone a fan of heartstopper? Im buzzing for series 2! I also just finished the 4th throne of glass and ngl i think they r getting better as the series goes on however they r a bit confusing sometimes due to how long they r haha
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options

The only one ive read of these is red white and royal blue but I’ll defiantly check the others out as some hv been on my tbr for ages.thank u!
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    libbystrawberrylibbystrawberry Community Champion Posts: 585 Incredible Poster
    @Amy22 my whole childhood revolved around the percy jackson books and now i've got my little sister to read them and she's next level obsessed! she makes solangelo and percabeth edits on capcut xD so yeah with her around all i hear about is the release of every new rick riordan series lol.

lol xee my brotha loves percy jackson and harry potter but i never got round to reading them
    i dont wanna be alone forever.
  • Options
    @Amy22 my whole childhood revolved around the percy jackson books and now i've got my little sister to read them and she's next level obsessed! she makes solangelo and percabeth edits on capcut xD so yeah with her around all i hear about is the release of every new rick riordan series lol.

lol xee my brotha loves percy jackson and harry potter but i never got round to reading them

They are very good books to read and are so interesting. Harry Potter was one of my favourite series to read growing up I still haven't finished reading Harry Potter and the deathly hallows as I'm halfway through it.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    i love thriller and murder kinda books these r some i defo rcommend

2qpdlzp4hify.png(ebook)
    set84mc0a88n.png
    wrfxg6dhspbe.png
    rprueib1rmsk.png

• Options
    oh i also love this book
    0ev1alptae55.png
  • Options
    ohhh i loved the one of us is lying series. The author has a new one coming out 27th July which im very exicted about

Im about to start are you their god its me Margaret as i really wnat to watch the film! Its been on my tbr for ages but never got round to reading it

• Options
    I found out that the book Overemotional by David Fene has just released the other day and I can't wait to get a copy of it soon. Also I badly want the reanimator novelisation of the film.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    @ebyrne556 I SAW THE HEARTSTOPPER CAST AT PRIDE IN LONDON AND I'M PRETTY SURE I MADE EYE CONTACT WITH KIT CONNOR

I also love the one of us is lying series but I read them so long ago I barely remember them lol. And I have are you there god it's me margaret but I think I read one page of it and then got bored bcs I have such a short attention span and can no longer read books anymore which is really really sad :(
  • Options

@libbystrawberry OMG READ THEMMM THOSS BOOKS ARE MY ENTIRE CHILDHOOD
  • Options

@libbystrawberry OMG READ THEMMM THOSS BOOKS ARE MY ENTIRE CHILDHOOD

@Xee jacqueline wilson books were my childhood oh and tom gates
  • Options
    omg @libbystrawberry I forgot about Jacqueline Wilson lol there was one book she wrote that I used to just read again and again and again but I never read any of the popular ones for some reason lol
  • Options
    omg @libbystrawberry I forgot about Jacqueline Wilson lol there was one book she wrote that I used to just read again and again and again but I never read any of the popular ones for some reason lol

OMG JACQULINE WILSON IS AMAZINF AND I REALLY LOVE HER BOOKS SO MUCH!!! SHES GOT A NEW ONE OUT CALLED BABY LOVE WHICH I MAY GET MY HANDS ON. AW your very lucky to see the heartstopper cast that's Awesome!!! Sorry for the caps lol I got very excited.
  • Options
    @Amy22 i luv her tooo ig now ive moved on from her to like crime and murder books and ive read baby love its pretty good
  • Options
    edited July 2023

OMG THATS SO COOLLLL about the heartstopper cast ahh Im very jealous lol. I speed read are you their god its me Margaret and it was quite different ngl but i still enjoyed it. Idk what im going to start this week hmm Also yes Jacqueline Wilson has a special place in my heart.The 2nd book of sleepovers idk if anyone read that one is coming out august 17th and im like yayay.

• Options
    ebyrne556 wrote: »

OMG THATS SO COOLLLL about the heartstopper cast ahh Im very jealous lol. I speed read are you their god its me Margaret and it was quite different ngl but i still enjoyed it. Idk what im going to start this week hmm Also yes Jacqueline Wilson has a special place in my heart.The 2nd book of sleepovers idk if anyone read that one is coming out august 17th and im like yayay.

I just read a Google online sample of hello god are you there its me Margaret and it sounds very good and different too. That's great that the sleepover books will be out soon. I really want to get the book overemotional by David Fene I think that's the authors name. But I really can't wait for Rick riordans Chalice of The God's book in September so excited!!
  • Options
    sameee, can't wait for rick riordan's book :):)
  • Options
    sameee, can't wait for rick riordan's book :):)

I really want a trip to Waterstones so much :disappointed_relieved::sweat_smile:
  • Options
    may or may not have spent 30 pounds on books :p
  • Options
    @ebyrne556 I mean books are so great to have oh btw what books did you get?. :)
  • Options
    I just took out A Darker Shade of Magic from my library the other day and I can't wait to read it soon
  • Options
    ohh darker shade of magic is good. I think theirs 3 of them so i definelty need to get my hands on the other 2 Well i did get the new karenmcmanus book which is very exciitng.I was waiting for like a week for my local waterstones to get the exclusive edition but eventually gave in and just ordered. it on amazon cuz it was too long lol.I also got tomorrow tomorrow and tomorrow and read it in like 2 days it was amazing would recommend a lot
  • Options
    knej23knej23 Posts: 33 Boards Initiate
    Hi all, I’m a fan of fantasy and action books (Six of Crows, Daughter of no worlds, A Court of thorns and roses (only the first book, cannot believe they made Tamlin a villain)). I’m genuinely confused to why people love the rest of the ACOTAR series. And I’m also not a fan of fourth wing (felt like a high school version of how to train your dragon haha). I’m going to read Vicious by V.E. Schwab next as I’m a bit tired of all the cliche romance. Hope you’re all well and enjoying the summer!
  • Options
    asia4aasia4a Posts: 12 Settling in
    Hello! I am trying to get into reading a bit more at the moment! I tend to go for thrillers and crime books such as 'And then there were none' by Agatha Christie or 'Last Breath' by Robert Brynzda which was my favourite! I have read 'It ends with us' and 'slammed' by Colleen Hoover which were both great as I wanted to try romance genres. I'm currently reading 'The People on Platform 5' by Clare Pooley which I am enjoying but its different to what I usually read :)