Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Therapy

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
edited May 2023 in Health & Wellbeing
Once the 1st therapist broke me, will the fix the therapist do tht I manage to get b temporary, or will with tht I will b fixed 4eva? Is seeking constant therapy seeking attention? , like some ppl think.
I was alright b4 the 1st one
Why can't I think differently? Arg!!!!
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,294 Wise Owl
    Hey @ellie2000 sorry to hear you're feeling so frustrated. I don't think seeking constant therapy is attention seeking at all. You deserve to have someone who you can comfortably talk to and who can support you.

Personally I don't view therapy as a process of 'getting fixed' but more so of a way to help you organise your thoughts and realise where the issues are in your life and in your mind. For me it's been a journey of self discovery and understanding myself and my therapist has just been giving me nudges in the right direction and guiding me as best as she can.

Sorry to hear your experience with your first therapist was negative though. I'm here if you want to share why it wasn't very positive. Just remember try your best to keep going, I promise you're doing really well!! Sending hugs <3
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
    @Xee after the 1st 1 thts wen I started to panic at night bc she brought up feelings and didn't close the box after each session. Is bed-wetting a trauma response? It was only until I cried thts wen I got the second 1. The 1st one wasn't trained and the leader of where I use to go was his friend, was tht abuse if they could see the damage but they didn't stop? even wen they got told to by another member of staff? Tht therapist left wen it got too much. She made me feel uneasy all the time. I'm on meds Nd I sleep all the time to shut off emotions
    Crazy mad insane
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,238 Part of The Furniture
    It sounds really difficult that she brought up feelings and left you with the feelings @ellie2000. Yes, bed-wetting can be a trauma response, though it is not always due to trauma and not everyone with trauma experiences bed-wetting.

What did they get told by another member of staff? We are here for you and listening to you if you would like to share more with us about this. It sounds like you were left to deal with a lot of the difficulties yourself, which must have been really scary and uneasy :/
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • MaisyMaisy Deactivated Posts: 701 Part of The Mix Family
    Therapy can be a complicated thing. Some people find that therapy works well for them, while others may take a while to find the right therapist or type of therapy that they really connect with before it helps, while other people find that therapy isn't helpful for them. And sadly there are also people out there who have been harmed by therapists too.

Therapy doesn't 'fix' you but it gives you the space to process your thoughts and feelings with a trusted person. Therapy can help to give you the tools needed to help yourself. Seeking therapy doesn't mean you are attention seeking...it shows that you want support in an area of your life- and there's nothing wrong with that!

It sounds like your first therapist didn't help you much at all and actually seemed to make things worse for you. This may have been because they weren't trained or not trained enough in certain areas e.g. trauma. It's difficult to say what you experienced but the therapist should have stopped if they were told to stop by another member of staff (especially if it was their supervisor or someone more senior).

If you are going to try therapy again, it can help to make sure that the therapist belongs to an organisation, so that if you have any concerns about the therapists conduct, you can report them to their organisation (especially if you feel you have already talked about to the therapist about how their behaviour is harming you or isn't helpful).

Take care <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.