Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hello, I'm new here

bethbeth Posts: 1 Just got here
Hi, I'm Beth and I heard about this community yesterday. I'd say I've struggled with anxiety all my life but for the past few years it has developed into anxiety disorders.

I've tried 3 rounds of therapy and whilst they've helped, I've recently become quite angry and frustrated with my anxiety. I'm angry it isn't ever going to leave me, that I can't just have therapy and be "cured", that I've got to deal with it always. Life is good for me, yet panic attacks still creep up on me and my mind runs at 100 mph. It would be nice to have a break, be "normal" (which I know doesn't exist).

Anyway, I'm posting and reading on this forum to see if anyone can relate to these feelings of frustration and despair! I hope not but the selfish parts of me hopes people can and perhaps have some advice.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    genderless_fungigenderless_fungi Moderator Posts: 155 Helping Hand
    Hello @beth

Welcome to the Mix, we're thrilled to have you here!

I'm very sorry you've been having a hard time dealing with your anxiety, i know that a lot of people who use the mix struggle with your same feelings and often feel angry and lost thinking that the situation might never get better in the future. This is a great place to find community and support, and I'm sure that if you head up to the health and wellbeing forum you'll find a lot of people able to relate to you!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    Hiya @beth welcome to the mix lovely to have u as part of the community
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,277 Wise Owl
    Hey @beth welcome to the mix! I hope u find it helpful being here and I know how bad anxiety sucks so I'm sending lots of hugs your way!! <3
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,017 Community Veteran
    Hey @Beth welcome to The Mix. I hope you find The Mix helpful and I totally understand how you feel about anxiety and how hard it can be living with it. Hope to see you around the boards soon x

Sending hugs,

Amy22 <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    libbystrawberrylibbystrawberry Community Champion Posts: 588 Incredible Poster
    hey @beth welcome i came across the mix a couple weeks ago so im fairly new too, great to have u here tho <3
    'told myself that you were right for me, but felt so lonely in your company'
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 458 Listening Ear
    Hi Beth, welcome to The Mix! It's great to have you here, I hope you're feeling okay at the moment ^^

I hear you when you say that you're frustrated with your anxiety. The feeling of never getting better is very upsetting. We're here to provide you with support, so please don't hesitate to reach out to us!

Take care and I'm looking forward to seeing you around the boards soon! <3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    Hi Beth, its nice to meet you! Sorry to hear you've been struggling with anxiety. Anxiety is absolutely horrible, I can definitely relate. Sending lots of hugs! :)
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,062 Wise Owl
    hi @beth and welcome to the mix. I'm sorry to hear that your anxiety has been getting to you a bit recently. We're all here for you if you want to talk more about it on the boards.

Sending lots of hugs your way
    Sinead :3
  • Options
    emiip98emiip98 Moderator Posts: 132 The Mix Convert
    Hi Beth welcome to the mix :) Anxiety can be horrible and you can have ups and downs with it, its easy to get frustrated with yourself but even the little steps forward are something to be proud of