Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The mix crisis messenger

AnonymousFoxAnonymousFox Deactivated Posts: 15 Settling in
Why does the number not work when you type it in?

Comments

• Options
    HarryTHarryT Community Manager Posts: 320 The Mix Regular
    Hey @AnonymousFox,

Thanks for flagging this - it should be working as far as we're aware, and looks like it is from a quick trial I've just done.

To reach crisis messenger, you text THEMIX to 85258 (with no space between 'The' and 'MIx'). Is that working for you?

Take care,
    Harry
    Hello amazing human (yes, that's YOU). I wish that you could see the amazing person who I see within you  ✨
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    @Morgan007 @AnonymousFox are you able to send SMS messages to other numbers?
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    Hmm okay, let me check in with our Services team and see what might be happening...
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Unfortunately we haven't been able to replicate this issue @Morgyn007, and we haven't received any other reports of it, which means it's likely to be something at your end.

Only thing I can think to recommend is the usual stuff - restart your phone, turn your network off and on again, check that your SMS functionality is working properly, etc.

Other than that I'm not sure :confused: is it still happening?
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,154 Part of The Furniture
    It shouldn’t matter what networks @Morgyn007

It’s been working for me and I’m on Tesco which I think comes under the 02 network
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Indeed, all networks should be fine in theory. Has anything changed on your phone since the last time you were able to use Crisis Messenger? New apps or connection changes?
  • Options
    Interesting @Morgyn007. You might know that Crisis Messenger is run largely by Shout, so it might be helpful to test if you also have this problem for Shout's own service.

What happens if you text SHOUT to 85258?
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Hmm okay @Morgyn007. I have a feeling Shout will need to troubleshoot this with you directly, so would you be able to email info@giveusashout.org with the issue you're having? You can say you've talked it through with moderators at The Mix and they recommended emailing. :)
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,135 Part of The Furniture
    Let us know how it goes for you @Morgyn007 and if we can do anything else to support you with this. Hopefully, Shout will be able to help you with this though :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.