Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What are your plans for summer?

AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,858 Extreme Poster
Hey all!

It feels like the weather is now finally warm enough that we can say that summer is here! B)

Interested to know if you have any plans for the summer period. Got tickets to a concert that you're really excited for? Maybe you're going on holiday with family or friends to a cool place? Or perhaps you plan to finally watch that TV show you've been promising to get around to for ages?
FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Comments

• Options
    jess63jess63 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    I’m going camping this weekend, and I’ve booked a holiday to the Lake District in August. Super excited to actually go on holiday now I’ve finished uni and aren’t revising all the time 😂
    The steps you take don't have to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.
  • Options
    IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 932 Part of The Mix Family
    Nothing to be honest - I've been dying for any sort of music performance opportunities especially seeing that's what I'll begin studying after the summer, but I can't seem to find any lol
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,998 Community Veteran
    I don't think I'll be doing very much over the summer. I know at some point I will need to get a job and stuff now I finished college properly. Oo I am going a set tour visit with my college friends and tutors tomorrow though which is quite exciting (I'm a film student so we kinda go on set tours and visits n stuff). I also got work experience with a local film company in June and I'm really looking forward to it.

I think mostly I can't wait to have a nice relax, maybe try to get back into reading again and finish watching one of my TV shows I have been watching even though I've only watched two episodes 😂 I'm miles behind!.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    I am supporting the admissions team at my work with undergraduate clearance and confirmation ('A levels results day'). I am also seeing Winnie the Pooh the musical!!
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    ebyrne556 wrote: »
    lovely thread idea! Im going to somewhere local to me for a holdiay for a aweek and im looking forward to it mostly due to the fact theirs a library 2 minute walk away and 3 within like 30 mins away! Im also hoping to do a lot of volunteering and im speaking at 2 online conferences - one about neurodiversity in the workplace and another abut a medical condition i have so yeh p busy hahha.Not long to go tho! when r u all off for summer/are u off already?

That sounds amazing!!. I hope you have a great holiday and it sounds cool that they also got a lil library there too 😁. I'm pretty much off already for summer but I have got work experience coming up next Thursday and Friday which is exciting and interesting.
  • Options
    HarryTHarryT Community Manager Posts: 320 The Mix Regular
    Love this thread - thanks so much for kicking it off @Azziman. I've not got many plans this summer, so I'm looking forward to being nice and chilled in the sun 🌞

It's the first year for a few that I haven't had big plans, so looking forward to the freedom!
    Hello amazing human (yes, that's YOU). I wish that you could see the amazing person who I see within you  ✨
  • Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,277 Wise Owl
    I'm going spain in two weeks, cyprus at the end of august, i'm going away with my friends for a few nights too in milton keynes or something (i don't remember where tbh i have like two brain cells), and i'm doing work experience at my primary school which is super exciting bcs i love kids (i'm trying not to think abt how incredibly awkward i'm going to be talking to my old teachers) so i'm just super excited bcs the last good summer i had was in 2018, every one since then has been boring and depressing or chaotic and stressful and awful so hopefully this summer goes great :)
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    A chilled summer in the sun sounds great by itself @HarryT! Sometimes it is great to just relax :)

@Xee - That sounds like some fabulous summer plans. Hopefully, it will go great. Do you know if many of your old teachers are still there? I am sure they will be proud to see you coming back to support the next generation of kids! :)
  • Options
    CaniceQCaniceQ Posts: 122 The Mix Convert
    edited June 2023
    I don't really have much planned for the summer. I'm mostly going to catch up on series/shows, read fiction and non-fiction books, play video games, write, draw and paint. However, I went to an Anime Con just 2 days ago. I believe that will probably be the only major thing I'll be doing in my Summer sadly. That event cost quite a lot so I can't afford to spend more this time :'( , but I really enjoyed the event so at least my summer started off well :)
    CaniceQ
  • Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,277 Wise Owl
    @Laura_tigger82 yeah I know that a lot of my old teachers are still there :) oh and i'm getting a new puppy this summer!! that's gotta be the most exciting part hehe
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    Xee wrote: »
    @Laura_tigger82 yeah I know that a lot of my old teachers are still there :) oh and i'm getting a new puppy this summer!! that's gotta be the most exciting part hehe

That's awesome @Xee I hope you have lots of fun with the puppy. I wonder what you will name them once you get them?.
  • Options
    A new puppy is very exciting @Xee!! Just as @Amy22 said. Do you know which breed of puppy you are getting yet? :)