Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Being urself

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
Do ppl expect you to act a certain way if Ur figuring out who u r
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,238 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @ellie2000. I guess this depends on what "people" you are referring to. Certainly, we do not expect anyone to act a certain way and we are a non-judgemental space.

However, some people can have expectations. Would you like to tell us more about what this looks like for you at the moment?

We are here for you and listening to you if you would like to share more with us. You have been really brave in reaching out to us, especially as you are trying to figure out who you are too <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
    @Laura_tigger82 I lost myself when everything was done with, but recently I have been thinking about wat sort of person I am it's hard work
    Crazy mad insane
    That does sound like hard work @ellie2000 :/ Would anything make it more manageable for you at the moment? <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    edited May 2023
    @Laura_tigger82 is it OK to express Ur self to someone with no filter?
    Crazy mad insane
    @Laura_tigger82 I just play games all day hiding emotions
    How/why does physical pain feel soothing wen we're feeling unhappy?
    Just wondering
    I'm gd 😀
    Crazy mad insane
    I'm happy
    Crazy mad insane
    It is ok to express yourself to someone with no filter @ellie2000, especially if you trust that person and feel safe and comfortable with them. It is a really brave thing for you to do.

It does depend on who that 'person' is though and the relationship you have with them - the context matters. For example, you might do this in your personal life but not in your professional life.

What games are you playing at the moment? Games sound helpful for you :)
    @Laura_tigger82 games I play r outlast, papermonters', elden ring, night in the woods and Stanley parable :) n I started to play skyrim
    Crazy mad insane
    Quite a few games you are playing at the moment then @ellie2000. Are you enjoying them all and do you have any favourites? :)