Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

One song you cannot live without

saffjxdesaffjxde Posts: 50 Boards Initiate
If you only had access to one song for the rest of your life, what song would you choose?
Mine would probably be:
Back to December - Taylor Swift
nothing is so strong as gentleness and nothing is so gentle as real strength - st francis de sales
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Morgan007 wrote: »
    Warrior by demi lovato probably

Ooh that's a good choice

nothing is so strong as gentleness and nothing is so gentle as real strength - st francis de sales
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    Everybody wants to rule the world - Tears for Fears

It always makes me feel reminiscent and nostalgic in a fun but sad way sometimes
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Amy22 wrote: »
    Everybody wants to rule the world - Tears for Fears

It always makes me feel reminiscent and nostalgic in a fun but sad way sometimes

me too that's such a good song
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    Hey, this is such a cool thread! Not gonna lie, the last two days I had the idea to start a thread asking for everyone's favourite songs (for different occasions).

I haven't heard of any of these songs but I will definitely listen to them later!

For me I don't know which song to choose, I have loads of songs that I can't live without. Knowing that I can only listen to one for the rest of my life is so sad. I know whichever I chose I'd think to myself later 'oh I could have chosen that other one instead'.
    I'm probably taking this way too seriously lol.
    I guess I have to choose Hall of Fame by The Script. Because without it I wouldn't know if someone is calling me (its my ringtone haha). Plus I always regarded it as my favourite song, so yea.
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    @JJLemon18 Sorry I hope I didn't take your thread idea ... that sounds like a cool thread as well. I love all things music-related.

JJLemon18 wrote: »
    I guess I have to choose Hall of Fame by The Script. Because without it I wouldn't know if someone is calling me (its my ringtone haha). Plus I always regarded it as my favourite song, so yea.

I get so much nostalgia with Hall of Fame aha there are so many good songs to choose from I'm sure I would probably change my mind daily if not multiple times in a day.
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    @saffjxde no haha, don't worry about it! I just wanted to point out the funny coincidence that you had a similar idea to me ;)
    I might still post it later if you don't mind, the idea is slightly different after all.
    I love music related things too!
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    @JJLemon18 Oh yeah please do, would be such a fun thread!
  • Options
    HarryTHarryT Community Manager Posts: 320 The Mix Regular
    edited May 2023
    This is such a cool thread @saffjxde. It would have to be 'Make your own kind of music' by Paloma Faith for me. Although there's also lots of musicals that I think I'd be lost without the soundtracks too - Lion King, Everyone's Talking about Jamie, Matilda, Wicked and Six to name but a few...
    Hello amazing human (yes, that's YOU). I wish that you could see the amazing person who I see within you  ✨
  • Options
    HarryT wrote: »
    This is such a cool thread @saffjxde. It would have to be 'Make your own kind of music' by Paloma Faith for me. Although there's also lots of musicals that I think I'd be lost without the soundtracks too - Lion King, Everyone's Talking about Jamie, Matilda, Wicked and Six to name but a few...

I don't think I've heard that song but Paloma has such a unique but amazing voice. Do you have a favourite musical?
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,120 Part of The Furniture
    I am off to see Winnie the Pooh the Musical in August - I reckon that will become my favourite @saffjxde. Do you have a favourite? :p
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 839 Part of The Mix Family
    Idk if anyone knows this but its from one of my fav movies
    Disaster fiend by new bitter pop stars

Btw love this thread idea
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    I am off to see Winnie the Pooh the Musical in August - I reckon that will become my favourite @saffjxde. Do you have a favourite? :p

Oh that's exciting... I really like Heathers and Matilda.
  • Options
    ebyrne556 wrote: »
    Idk if anyone knows this but its from one of my fav movies
    Disaster fiend by new bitter pop stars

Btw love this thread idea

I've not heard of the song but I will have a listen... also thank you :)
  • Options
    saffjxde wrote: »

Oh that's exciting... I really like Heathers and Matilda.

Omg Heather's is such a brilliant film and musical. I haven't seen the film but I have seen some of the musical online. I love the rocky horror picture show too.
  • Options

Omg Heather's is such a brilliant film and musical. I haven't seen the film but I have seen some of the musical online. I love the rocky horror picture show too.

Yeah I love the soundtrack for heathers... haven't seen rocky horror picture show though
  • Options
    saffjxde wrote: »

Yeah I love the soundtrack for heathers... haven't seen rocky horror picture show though

Rocky horror is very very good, the music is quite catchy actually and Tim Curry is in it too :)
  • Options
    TitchTitch Posts: 20 Boards Initiate
    Last Hope by Paramore
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 839 Part of The Mix Family
    I agree with Matilda musical songs r bops!