Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

hi everyone

saffjxdesaffjxde Posts: 50 Boards Initiate
Hi... I'm not really sure how this works but a couple of people suggested the mix to me for some support so I thought I'd give it a go.
Been struggling for a while I guess with anxiety and some unhealthy coping mechanisms and it's hard to feel heard and understood a lot of the time. But it's lovely to know that the mix community is here <3.
nothing is so strong as gentleness and nothing is so gentle as real strength - st francis de sales

Comments

• Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    Hello! Welcome to the community!
    If you want to talk about something then go ahead, we are here to listen. And if you need help with anything then just ask.
    Looking forward to seeing you around! Take care :)
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    Hi JJLemon18 thank you for the welcome.... I feel a little lost at the moment I guess. Lost in confusing appointments and being given information left right and centre for different things and I don't know where to turn to next. Just trying to make it to the end of the uni year at the moment.
    nothing is so strong as gentleness and nothing is so gentle as real strength - st francis de sales
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,015 Community Veteran
    saffjxde wrote: »
    Hi... I'm not really sure how this works but a couple of people suggested the mix to me for some support so I thought I'd give it a go.
    Been struggling for a while I guess with anxiety and some unhealthy coping mechanisms and it's hard to feel heard and understood a lot of the time. But it's lovely to know that the mix community is here <3.

Hi @saffjxde welcome to The Mix. I hope you enjoy your time here. I look forward to seeing you on the boards :)
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear that, I understand how frustrating it must be to feel lost and unsure of where to turn to next. Do you want to explain a bit more what you find the most confusing at the moment? Maybe a specific appointment or anything you're unsure of right now?
    I'm trying to make it to the end of my uni year too! What are you studying?
  • Options
    Thanks @Amy22 you too
  • Options
    @JJLemon18 I think it's just trying to get the right sort of help when there's information and different people saying conflicting things. So like trying to talk to a gp and a mh service gets difficult when they don't really talk to each other so I feel like going back and forth quite a lot. Good luck with your uni. I'm studying engineering maths (ew) how about you?
  • Options
    Oh I see. It makes sense why it all feels so confusing. What do you think your next steps should be?
    Engineering maths sounds so cool! I'm studying software engineering, I'm not sure what to think about it anymore haha. Good luck with your studies too! :)
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Hi @saffjxde, welcome to the community! It sounds like conflicting information is causing some confusion, and there'll be some of us here that can relate to how you feel. Would you be able to share a little more about what you're seeking information on?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @JJLemon18 Wow software engineering sounds amazing. I must say, I'm not sure how well I'm handling my degree so far but we'll see how it goes. In terms of the next steps, I think there's some progress on one side of the MH stuff so that should be good I guess, but I'm a little apprehensive as to how that's going to go. I've got an appointment soon though so I guess just to have some questions ready and hopefully get some answers.
  • Options
    @Azziman Hi! Hope you're ok.
    It's all a little left right and all over the place, but I was trying to get some advice from my university and they basically said go to the gp so I did that and then they were doing some referrals for something else and the I submitted some extenuating circumstances a while ago but filled in the wrong evidence form so it got confusing and I had to go back to get the right doctor's letter but still waiting for that because there's like a 28 day wait for it and the university wasn't sure what to do in the meantime and the afore mentioned referral went a little over my head so it is pretty much a bit of a nightmare to keep up with everything. Hopefully it will all sort itself out in the end, hopefully...
  • Options
    mrsimon007mrsimon007 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Hello and welcome! Today, let's discuss the benefits of practicing mindfulness and how to get started. If you have any thoughts or questions on this topic, feel free to share. We are here to listen and support each other. And if there's anything else you need assistance with, don't hesitate to ask. We hope you enjoy your time here and look forward to seeing you around. Take care!
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,061 Wise Owl
    Just wanted to also say welcome to the mix @saffjxde and hope your doing okay today

Look forward to seeing you around and remember we’re here to support you whenever you need it

Sending hugs
    Sinead
  • Options
    @mrsimon007 Hi lovely to talk to you. For me, mindfulness still takes a lot of practice but it can provide a good distraction from the noise of just every day life. Hope you're okay :)
  • Options
    @sinead276 Hi thank you, hope you're okay too. Sending lots of hugs :)
  • Options
    saffjxde wrote: »
    @JJLemon18 Wow software engineering sounds amazing. I must say, I'm not sure how well I'm handling my degree so far but we'll see how it goes. In terms of the next steps, I think there's some progress on one side of the MH stuff so that should be good I guess, but I'm a little apprehensive as to how that's going to go. I've got an appointment soon though so I guess just to have some questions ready and hopefully get some answers.

@saffjxde Yea I agree, software engineering sounds amazing, that's why I chose it! But it isn't so cool anymore haha. I've been struggling to enjoy it recently, maybe I'm just burned out right now.
    Good luck with your appointment, I hope it goes well! :)
  • Options
    @JJLemon18 I could the say the same for my course, except I was struggling to enjoy it from the start... but hopefully after getting through this year and a break, things will seem a lot better for my final year.
  • Options
    @saffjxde Oh I'm sorry to hear that. Is there any particular reason you decided to stay with it? I hope it does get better for your final year!
    Also you're on your second year too?
  • Options
    @JJLemon18 Actually third year. I'm doing a 4 year course. Mainly I guess I didn't know what else to do and I was blindly following the delusion that it would get better. At least over half way now.
  • Options
    @saffjxde Oh okay. I know what you mean, I hope you're doing well at least. I was supposed to do 4 years too, the 3rd year was supposed to be 'in industry' but I dropped out of it since I just wasn't too interested doing it anymore.
    What are you thinking about doing after studies? A different course perhaps?
  • Options
    emiip98emiip98 Moderator Posts: 132 The Mix Convert
    Hi @saffjxde welcome to the mix :3

I hope that being part of this community brings you some comfort and that you can use this as a place for support <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    Heya @saffjxde welcome to the mix hope this community we are all here for you and hope you find this a safe space
  • Options
    Iris_MizzyIris_Mizzy Posts: 84 Budding Regular
    heyy @saffjxde welcome, were always here if you want to talk ( sorry for the late reply).
    sending you lots of hugs <3