Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

April achievements!

kaiikaii Posts: 462 Listening Ear
Hope everyone's doing okay! :3 I can't believe that April is already coming to an end...

As I've done each month so far, it would be great to hear what everyone has achieved (no matter big or small) this month! Please feel free to express what you have been grateful for during this month as well! <3

Here are mine!

- I'm proud that I have been staying consistent with my revision, especially during the Easter break
- I'm thankful for these past few days - I've been waking up feeling motivated to do my best and become the best version of myself
- I'm happy that I'm making good progress with my Japanese and French learning

Take care everyone <3
cinnamoroll supremacy : )

Comments

• Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 624 Incredible Poster
    Hi @kaii - this is such a lovely thing to do each month. Thank you for setting this up for us <3

As @eparker98 has said, well done on your achievements, these are so positive to hear :)

For my April achievements, I would say (in the same format as yours @kaii)...

- I'm proud that I made time this month to do things I enjoy, for me that usually revolves around going to gigs (mainly Ed Sheeran), and yesterday I made time to go to the pop-up listening location in London to hear his new studio album for the first time
    - I'm thankful that I have been able to catch-up with some old friends this month
    - I'm happy that I've started a new volunteering role with NSPCC leading workshops in primary schools

Wishing everyone a nice bank holiday weekend <3
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,033 Community Veteran
    I think for me just carrying on and not giving up especially when things in my project were going slightly off course.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    @eparker98 This makes me really happy to hear! I'm so glad that you've been taking time for yourself to benefit your mental health! It's definitely worth taking care of yourself when things get difficult <3

@Gemma Wow that's just amazing! Listening to Ed Sheeran's new studio album must have been so nice, I'm really happy that you got a great experience and had time for things you enjoy! And catching up with old friends is such a heart-warming feeling isn't it? ^^ best of luck with your new volunteering role, I'm certain that everyone appreciates your work :3

@Amy22 I'm super proud of you for not giving up, especially when your project is tough! Perseverance isn't easy at all, so good job for carrying on!

Sending hugs to everyone <3
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    This idea is great, and I'm really glad you're continuing the tradition @kaii!

- For me it is mainly reaching out for support. Whether that is opening up to my therapist or sending an email asking my tutor for help.
    - And I am grateful for the Easter break that I could spend with family in Poland.

I don't have much for April but I have a lot of things planned for the next month, so I already can't wait for this post regarding May ;) I just hope everything goes as planned.

And well done to everyone for their great achievements! Its really important to appreciate even the small accomplishments. Wish everyone best of luck this month! :)
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    saffjxdesaffjxde Posts: 50 Boards Initiate
    @kaii I love this thread idea... sorry I got to it late. What lovely achievements everyone <3

I think my achievements are:
    - remaining being as honest as possible with my tutor about my mh and uni work.
    - reaching the end of my courseworks and submitting instead of giving up.
    - talking on online support groups and discussions instead of keeping my emotions and worries to myself.

Good luck for May (May the 4th be with you <3 )
    nothing is so strong as gentleness and nothing is so gentle as real strength - st francis de sales
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    saffjxde wrote: »
    (May the 4th be with you <3 )
    Always! ;)
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    @kaii Thanks for the sharing. It's May now, but I will still list the achievements of April:
    - Finished my case analysis assessment
    - Got the ethical approval for my project
    - Video call with my friends

Good luck for May too!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @JJLemon18, that's amazing, I'm so glad that you were able to acknowledge that you needed support and reached out for it! This was so brave of you ^^ I'm happy to hear that you had a great Easter break with family too, it's really nice spending time with loved ones! I hope everything goes as planned for you this May! Good luck with everything! :smile:

@saffjxde, that's just incredible! I'm really glad that you were able to be honest about your mental health and reaching out! This takes a lot of strength, so I'm really happy for you! Congrats on submitting your coursework too, you deserve a nice break :3

@Terry8936, congrats! Those are lovely achievements ^^ it's a nice feeling, video calling with friends! Now that you've got ethical approval for your project, best of luck with it! It sounds so exciting!

Well done everyone, and good luck with everything this May! :3<3