Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Nite nite time

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
edited March 2023 in Health & Wellbeing
Wat do ppl fall asleep to. Is 'monsters omong us' one or wat ppls suggestions
Crazy mad insane
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• RenPRenP Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    @ellie2000 is it something you want to help you fall asleep? If so, I'd recommend more calming music without words. Something that helps me to sleep is a progressive muscle relaxation which involves tensing and then relaxing each part of your body. Any sort of music that has a calming effect on your because anything stressful won't be good before sleep.
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
    @RenP like wat? Any titles to look up?
    Crazy mad insane
  • SpaceOtterSpaceOtter Community Champion Posts: 885 Part of The Mix Family
    Hi ellie, theres lots of different ones online and different thing work for different people. If you type rain sounds or music for sleep into youtube you should be able to find a few.

I like using headspaces soundscapes, theyre not everyones cup of tea but i like them. Theres a few free ones on youtube. Ill link one down below.

https://youtu.be/DkgozEpaeLw
    You're awesome!
  • RenPRenP Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    @ellie2000 if you type in 'progressive muscle relaxation' into youtube videos will come up, or just type in 'relaxing music for sleep'

Are you having trouble sleeping?
    edited April 2023
    @RenP I don't b content until 2 bc scared feelings. Thts wen I sleep how do u let go of stuff to feel free and stuff? bc I didn't get apologies or notifications tht ppl r gone. The stuff tht I had to endure made life like it's dragging.
    Is tht usually wat happens with trauma? Or wat am I experiencing?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,238 Part of The Furniture
    I can hear you are feeling scared at the moment @ellie2000. You have been really brave in sharing this with us.

Would you like to share a little more about what you are feeling scared of at the moment? We are here for you and listening to you if you would like to share more with us.

It sounds like you are having a difficult time at the moment, with not being able to let go of stuff, and I can hear how this might be making you feel scared.

You have gone through a lot and we really care about you. What you have been through is validated. Sending you hugs - you have a lot of courage <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    @Laura_tigger82 @RenP @SpaceOtter I were thinking about stuff and I thinking 'do we like living today?'
    Nothing's better wen u have moved. U r still in the headspace u were. I wish wen u look at a person n say 'I wish I was...' u wake up still as u r :(
    Crazy mad insane
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,238 Part of The Furniture
    It sounds like you feel a move might be useful @ellie2000. Do you mean moving house or, something else, like exercise? It sounds like you are in a difficult headspace at the moment and we are here for you if you would like to share more with us :/<3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.