Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Uncertainty

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
edited March 2023 in Health & Wellbeing
How do u deal with tht 1
Crazy mad insane
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• AoifeAoife Community Manager Posts: 3,168 Boards Guru
    It can be really tough struggling with that feeling of uncertainty. Do you feel comfortable sharing more with us about what you're feeling uncertain about?

Keep us updated with how you're feeling, we're all here for you Ellie :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
    edited September 18
    @Aife @Past User I have lack of outside time, tht makes me think n dwell on stuff, I also watch true crime stuff on YouTube, will tht bring things to the surface?
    I think everyday about stuff. I worry about ppl, and how they will act.
    I don't have trust issues, how do u bring tht to?
    U r who u were wen u've moved 😫
    Post edited by patrickDev on
    Crazy mad insane
  • yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,294 Wise Owl
    I know it might be easier said than done but you should try to go on walks regularly! I think just 15 minutes out of your day to walk around for a while and get some fresh air might do you good. Maybe listen to some calming and positive music and go to a nice park nearby or something. If you wanna talk about what it is that you dwell on when you're overthinking then I'm here :)
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,998 Extreme Poster
    edited September 18
    ellie2000 wrote: »
    @Aife @Past User I have lack of outside time, tht makes me think n dwell on stuff, I also watch true crime stuff on YouTube, will tht bring things to the surface?
    I think everyday about stuff. I worry about ppl, and how they will act.
    I don't have trust issues, how do u bring tht to?
    U r who u were wen u've moved 😫

Hey Ellie! That feeling of uncertainty can definitely be difficult to deal with sometimes - we aren't able to control what other people will do or say, or know what we will encounter in the future. In some way, that's part of life, and we come to terms with the fact that there are things that we can't control. And that's okay! If we can't control it, we learn to respond to the uncertainty as best as we can, because we can control our own actions and speech. Focusing on what we can do makes us feel more empowered :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    edited September 18
    @xee @Azziman @Past User
    R ppl sad, tht I'm not happy? I kinda feel it's a burden on ppl. Should I feel bad?
    I have uncertain feelings on tht to
    Crazy mad insane
    @ellie2000 I'm sure people really care about you but that doesn't make you a burden. They want the best for you and you shouldn't feel bad because you're struggling and you really deserve support and care from those around you!
    @Xee is there fiction to help u figure out Ur own life
    Crazy mad insane
    @ellie2000 I don't really understand the question sorry
    @Xee like self help books, wat r they? How do the help
    R there any title to look for?

😊 xx
    Crazy mad insane
    @ellie2000 Ohh ok, basically I'm a HUGE bookworm so I can recommend you loads of mental health related books if you want, poetry books, fiction books, whatever, but I don't really read self help books lol. There was a self harm book my mum bought me a few years ago. I don't remember what it was called but if you think it's something you could find useful I can try find it and let you know? Hope this helps :)