Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Ppls advice I was given

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
I was talking to someone and they told me tht I should turn to God, is tht a grooming tactic??
Wat religion best to go with if turning to God is a option?
I quit God bc I had alot of negative stuff happening. I don't want life to go quickly but I get tired of being until I go on holidays.
Wats a healthy way of coping with life where u think Ur in a empty void?
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,238 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @ellie2000. Thank you for reaching out to us.

No one has the right to tell you what/who to turn to, especially not if you should be religious or not or what religion(s) you should believe in.

It is completely up to you what religion is best to go with (if any!). What makes you feel happy and manage everything? <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,294 Wise Owl
    Hey @ellie2000 honestly I don't think that's a grooming tactic but I do think it's 100% your choice whether you want to be religious or not. It can be great to have intellectual and philosophical conversations involving religion but if someone told you specifically to turn to god that's a bit odd. They may just be quite religious and be trying to help you. If you genuinely see turning to god as an option then that's great but don't consider it just because someone else told you to.

I also completely understand the empty void feeling but you have to try to slowly add things to your life which make you happy. Sometimes that's difficult but even things that just make you feel a little less empty. Bring those things and people into your life as much as you can and think about if there's anything particular that specifically bring up those negative emotions. No matter how small it may be, maybe taking a note of things that cause your mood to dip may help. I hope that makes sense, I'm here if you wanna talk more :)
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
    @Xee how do taking down notes wen i notice something off tht makes my mood dip help?

Crazy mad insane
  • yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,294 Wise Owl
    @ellie2000 Once you've identified what the issues are then it's gonna be easier to try and get rid of them. For example when I realised my mood would dip around my ex best friend I began to realise that our friendship was really toxic and that I'd be much happier without her. Hope that makes sense :)
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain