Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hi everyone!

kittenloverkittenlover Posts: 44 Boards Initiate
Hiya

I'm all new to this and I'd love to make some new friends. As you can tell from my username, I love cats and I also enjoy reading, music and art 😂 Sometimes I really struggle and stress so thats why I came on here. I'm not sure what else I can say to introduce myself but hopefully I can get to know you all

Hopefully some of you from the general and support chats might find me :blush:

Comments

• Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    Hi @kittenlover, nice to meet you! I too love cats even though they can be very mean at times haha. I also love music, any songs or artists that you like in particular?
    Looking forward to seeing you around!
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    Nice to meet you @JJLemon18! Cats can be sooo mean but you have to forgive them because they're so cute. I'm not really sure about my favourite songs or artists but it's just a really good way for me to distract myself. What about yours? :)
  • Options
    Cats can be sooo mean but you have to forgive them because they're so cute.
    Yea pretty much the only reason why I love them, they are adorable!
    My favourite music bands are The Script and Enej (a Polish-Ukrainian folk rock band that I doubt you've heard of haha) but I generally love most upbeat and rock music.
  • Options
    JJLemon18 wrote: »
    Cats can be sooo mean but you have to forgive them because they're so cute.
    Yea pretty much the only reason why I love them, they are adorable!
    My favourite music bands are The Script and Enej (a Polish-Ukrainian folk rock band that I doubt you've heard of haha) but I generally love most upbeat and rock music.

Wait you are Polish too right? I looked at your profile! Some Enej songs remind me of my childhood since we always had them playing in the car :blush: I've moved to the uk since then but I miss poland a lot
  • Options
    Ay that's so cool! =) I moved to the uk with my parents when I was around 3 years old but we go back there for every summer where possible. I miss it so much, I have tons of memories from there. Hoping to maybe move back in the future
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,015 Community Veteran
    Hi @kittenlover it's very nice to meet you. I also like music and reading too :).
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Evening @JJLemon18! Hope your having a nice day :)

I was wondering if you speak polish? I speak it but I've grown used to English much more and I am starting to forget and find it difficult 😭 If you do, I am trying to write my mum a message and I was wondering if you could help :) sorry to bother x
  • Options
    Hi @Amy22! Its nice to meet you too!

What are your favourite books or genres? I personally like all sorts of books so it's hard for me to pick, but I'd love to hear about yours :) What about music?

Hoping your having a nice day x
  • Options

What are your favourite books or genres? I personally like all sorts of books so it's hard for me to pick, but I'd love to hear about yours :) What about music?

I tend to go for either fantasy novels or coming of age. I am a fan of YA books as well. I don't really mind as I pretty much read anything. Oo music wise I do love my rock bands and my indie music. Quite recently I have been really into this musician called Dadi Freyr who is an Icelandic Musician and he is very good actually. Also, theres this band called For3st Hills who are quite good too. You can find both of them on Spotify :)
  • Options
    Amy22 wrote: »

I tend to go for either fantasy novels or coming of age. I am a fan of YA books as well. I don't really mind as I pretty much read anything. Oo music wise I do love my rock bands and my indie music. Quite recently I have been really into this musician called Dadi Freyr who is an Icelandic Musician and he is very good actually. Also, theres this band called For3st Hills who are quite good too. You can find both of them on Spotify :)

I'll definitely check those two artists out! I'm a big fan of YA books and in terms of that, I read anything from fantasy, thriller or romance. Currently reading Verity by Colleen Hoover (I know the author is very disliked by some but I just needed something quick and easy to read) but I found out my copy is misprinted and Im missing like 40 pages :lol::cry:
  • Options
    Oo they are very good and the music is quite good too. YA is always my go to sometimes, I will also read classics too like I need to finish Dracula but I never get round it :lol:. Oo, I have heard about Colleen Hoover and they sound like a very good author too. I haven't really read any of her books but they are something I might consider. Oh no that sucks, its a nightmare when books get misprinted and you get missing pages.

I'm currently reading a library book I got as part of an essay I recently completed. It's called 'Caging Skies' by Christine Leunens. The film 'Jojo Rabbit' is actually based off this book. Its set in WWII in Germany / Austria and it is about a boy. It is actually very interesting to read. :)
  • Options
    Oo they are very good and the music is quite good too. YA is always my go to sometimes, I will also read classics too like I need to finish Dracula but I never get round it :lol:. Oo, I have heard about Colleen Hoover and they sound like a very good author too. I haven't really read any of her books but they are something I might consider. Oh no that sucks, its a nightmare when books get misprinted and you get missing pages.

I'm currently reading a library book I got as part of an essay I recently completed. It's called 'Caging Skies' by Christine Leunens. The film 'Jojo Rabbit' is actually based off this book. Its set in WWII in Germany / Austria and it is about a boy. It is actually very interesting to read. :)

Glad to hear the book you're readings interesting :) Ive read a few WWII books myself and they are all so depressing. I have done a few classics at school like Shakespeare and they are so difficult to understand. Im doing Mice of Men right noe though and its a bit easier.

I say Colleen Hoover is a pretty ok author but some of her characters or scenes or Im not really sure how to explain it, arent great and kinda mysogonistic? Not sure if those are the correct words for what I mean but if you end up reading her books take everything lightly.
  • Options
    Morgan007 wrote: »
    heyyyyy @kittenlover haha weve already met but heyyyyy :lol:

Hiiii good to hear from you here toooo :lol:
  • Options
    HarryTHarryT Community Manager Posts: 320 The Mix Regular
    Hey @kittenlover - just wanted to stop by with a quick wave and a huge welcome to the community. My name's Harry and I support the staff team and moderators over here from time to time, so you might see me kicking around the place.

Great to have you here :)
    Hello amazing human (yes, that's YOU). I wish that you could see the amazing person who I see within you  ✨
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    Following on from everyone I just wanted to say Hi as well I’m Eden one of the moderators. Really glad to have you as part of the community ;) I love reading as well and some of those books sound really interesting so I will definitely be having a browse on Amazon later on
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Welcome @kittenlover to the forum! :)

Also noticed that @Amy22 mentioned Dadi Freyr - he's got some good music! I came across him as I'm a Eurovision fan, I'd recommend checking out his 2020 and 2021 performances representing Iceland
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options

Glad to hear the book you're readings interesting :) Ive read a few WWII books myself and they are all so depressing. I have done a few classics at school like Shakespeare and they are so difficult to understand. Im doing Mice of Men right noe though and its a bit easier.

I say Colleen Hoover is a pretty ok author but some of her characters or scenes or Im not really sure how to explain it, arent great and kinda mysogonistic? Not sure if those are the correct words for what I mean but if you end up reading her books take everything lightly.

Ahh I love Mice and Men, that was one of my favourite things to read when I was in secondary school. I know it isn't a very great read but my heart went oof at the characters. <3
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 458 Listening Ear
    Hi @kittenlover, welcome to our community! Hope you enjoy it here ^^ looking forward to seeing you around <3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )