Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

World Kindness Day

AoifeAoife Community Manager Posts: 3,168 Boards Guru
7io72nq2ef5z.png
Image description (in spoiler below)
The image has a drawing of a heart in the middle with text that reads "World Kindness Day" and "Ways to be kind to ourselves". In the top left corner shows a drawing of a post-it note with text under it that reads "Leave ourselves positive notes". Next to this, is a drawing of a plant with text that reads "Celebrate our growth". Next to this, is a drawing of a heart with text that reads "Give ourselves lots of compliments". Below this, is a drawing of a hand holding a four-leaf clover with text that reads "Believe in ourselves". Next to this, on the left, is a drawing of a cloud and a sun, with text that reads "Have a self-care day". The last drawing, to the left, is a paintbrush and paint palette with text that reads "Spend time on our interests".

Today is World Kindness Day, a day to be kind to people around us, ourselves, and to the world. A small gesture of kindness can make a huge difference to someone’s day and can encourage others to spread kindness too. Being kind to ourselves is just as important as being kind to others, however it can be hard to make time for ourselves or know how to be kinder to ourselves. We’ve put together some ways we can be kind to ourselves today and every day.

What will you be doing today to be kind to yourself, people around us or to the world? Comment below <3
Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤

Comments

• sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,465 Wise Owl
    Happy World Kindness day.

You’re all wonderful people and remember to be kind to yourselves too :3

Sending hugs
    sinead
  • JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 2,021 Boards Champion
    Happy World Kindness Day!

A few of my "friends" were already mean to me today, I believe they didn't know it's world kindness day so I forgive them.

But anyway, I will definitely show myself some kindness by believing in myself more, starting today!
    And I will definitely continue being kind to others even to those who don't deserve it.

Sending hugs to you all! :)
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,507 The Mix Elder
    Happy world kindness day. Kindness is one of the bravest things you could ever to do to yourself and to others.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films