Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hello Everyone

I'm a 20 year old male suffering from social anxiety & mental health issues. Looking to correspond with people with similar issues for tips/guidance or just a general chat.

Comments

• Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,062 Wise Owl
    Hi @DanDoddy and welcome to the mix, we are happy to have you here. Look forward to seeing you around on the boards in the future

Sending hugs
    Sinead :3
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    Welcome to the community @DanDoddy!
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    jess63jess63 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    Hi @DanDoddy, welcome to the Mix! It's great to have you here.
    The steps you take don't have to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,015 Community Veteran
    DanDoddy wrote: »
    I'm a 20 year old male suffering from social anxiety & mental health issues. Looking to correspond with people with similar issues for tips/guidance or just a general chat.

Hi @DanDoddy welcome to The Mix, I hope you enjoy it here :)
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    Hi @DanDoddy Welcome to the Mix It’s lovely to have you as part of the community :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,120 Part of The Furniture
    edited January 2023
    Hi @DanDoddy. Welcome to The Mix's community. It is great to see you have joined us. How are you at the moment?

I can see a lot of our community has already greeted you which is lovely to see. I have also noted that you are looking to correspond with people with similar issues (e.g., social anxiety).

You have mentioned looking for tips/guidance. Are there any tips/guidance you are looking for in particular at the moment?

I am sure our wonderful community would love to support you and provide you with a general chat. You have made a really positive first step in reaching out to us.

Take care for now and we will look forward to hopefully hearing from you again soon and seeing you around on The Mix's community :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    DanDoddyDanDoddy Posts: 2 Newbie
    Many thanks for the welcome. My days are extremely up & down, depending on my mental health on that day, I'm currently on medication. I'm looking for any advice/tips people wouldn't mind sharing in combating my social anxiety, as I'm unable to find a way forward myself, at times. I do find it extremely affects my life at times & can get the better of me.
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Welcome to the community! :)

Would you mind sharing a bit more about your social anxiety? How long have you experienced it? Do you feel it more in certain scenarios, or are there certain places/people where you've noticed it doesn't feel as strong?
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 458 Listening Ear
    Hello @DanDoddy, I hope you're doing well at the moment ^^ welcome to our community :3 I really hope you enjoy it here <3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Hey @DanDoddy

Welcome to the community. :smile:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"