Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

feeling helpless

This discussion was created from comments split from: giving up.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• healthbuffinghealthbuffing Posts: 5 Confirmed not a robot
    A part of me has given up too..and that's my mind! tired...done with life, anxiety and migraine has took control over me and now Im helpless, don't know what to do
  • ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 1,042 Wise Owl
    edited January 2023
    Morning @healthbuffing Just moving this post over to a separate thread just so that you can get the support you need on a more one to one basis without mixing it in to someone else’s post (haha get it the mix sorry for the bad pun)

I’m Sending u lots of hugs and positive vibes sorry to hear you are feeling this way but please know that you aren’t alone You know where we r if you ever want to talk about anything specific

Take care and make sure to be extra kind to yourself today
    Eden :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,238 Part of The Furniture
    It sounds difficult that you are feeling similar @healthbuffing. You aren't helpless though, even if you feel helpless. Hopefully, things will get better for you soon.

I can hear that you are mainly struggling with anxiety and migraine at the moment. Would you like to share more with us, such as any particular triggers?

You only need to share as much or as little as you feel comfortable with and wish to share. However, we are all here for you and listening to you if you would like to share more with us <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,465 Wise Owl
    Sorry to hear you're going through a tough time at the moment @healthbuffing
    sending you lots of hugs and hope you feel better soon and your migraine goes away.

If you ever need someone to talk to we are all here for you to be an open ear and listen to you if you wanted to

Sending hugs and good vibes
    Sinead
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,507 The Mix Elder
    Im also sorry to hear that you are currently going through a difficult time. It sounds very tiring and stressful for you at the moment. I wonder if possibly writing down what is on your mind could help understand the thoughts that you might be having at the moment. Being ill is also frustrating as well especially when there is a lot on your mind. Maybe try doing an activity or something that you enjoy which will take your mind off the thoughts. Hope you are feeling okay,

Sending hugs,

Amy22 <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • healthbuffinghealthbuffing Posts: 5 Confirmed not a robot
    @Laura_tigger82 I am feeling helpless, literally! been to a neurologist and got meds for 3 months - hopefully I'll get better. The doc said I might need to see a psychiatrist if the condition do not get better in two weeks.
    I cannot stop mind from thought processing, actually I lost someone, a good friend, a bestie...she just walked away without any reason, without telling me what wrong I did, just walked away ... and I keep thinking why this happened!!!

Thanks @Amy22 I love watching movies and series and eating out, and nothing is working these days, I don't feel like doing any of these, just locked myself inside the room -- its been more than 2 weeks now!
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,507 The Mix Elder
    @Laura_tigger82 I am feeling helpless, literally! been to a neurologist and got meds for 3 months - hopefully I'll get better. The doc said I might need to see a psychiatrist if the condition do not get better in two weeks.
    I cannot stop mind from thought processing, actually I lost someone, a good friend, a bestie...she just walked away without any reason, without telling me what wrong I did, just walked away ... and I keep thinking why this happened!!!

Thanks @Amy22 I love watching movies and series and eating out, and nothing is working these days, I don't feel like doing any of these, just locked myself inside the room -- its been more than 2 weeks now!

I'm sorry to hear that you have recently lost a good friend of yours. Its hard losing a good friend especially when you really like them. It sounds nice that you enjoy watching films and eating out. I'm sorry to hear that you have been losing interest in things that you enjoy. Sometimes when we feel anxious about something in particular especially thought spirals as this can make us lose interest in things especially when the thoughts feel like they are spiraling out of control. It can be easy to fixate onto a thought as I know this from personal experiences with thought spirals. I'd say it might be a good idea to maybe write down these thoughts. It's a good way releasing any thoughts that we may have. I'm always here though if you need someone to talk to or even to vent anything that is on your mind.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • genderless_fungigenderless_fungi Moderator Posts: 197 Trailblazer
    Hello @healthbuffing

I'm sorry to hear you've been having a hard time and struggling with anxiety as well as dealing with a close friendship coming to an end. Feelings of helplessness can be very debilitating and hard to overcome.
    We're here to support you, and I want to link an article in the mix's website that has advice on accepting the end of friendships: https://www.themix.org.uk/sex-and-relationships/friendship/friendships-ending-37414.html
    Also, I want to remind you that we're always here to help, so let us know how you've been doing :)