Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Convincing ppl

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
How do I convince ppl tht I don't do gd on my own?
Wen I was in a flat tht was poorly maintained and I was getting bullied I wanted the world to end
I did feel I was moved to my own devices bc I had a bit of trouble, Nd I think I got moved into a grotty flat coZ they didn't want me under their roof
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    You make such an important point here, @ellie2000 ! Some people struggle to accept the fact that day-to-day tasks are very challenging for others. You shouldn't be made to feel like a bad person because you were having difficulties with maintaining your environment. It can be a lot harder than others will accept :( I think it's important to be upfront with people about what has lead to the poor maintenance. So, if it is a result of your mental health and you would like additional support with it, you could try to gently let others know that ? (I know that's easier said than done) You deserve to speak your mind about the things you are struggling with.

I'd be grateful to hear some more about the grotty flat you've been moved to, what's it like there? and what did they say was the reason for moving you initially? <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
    i left now, im moving into a complex which supports mental health, in 2 weeks will it flyby. how do i make it come quicker? but it got decorated while im away which is frustrating, im happy i'd left :)
    Crazy mad insane
  • ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 1,042 Wise Owl
    @ellie2000 Hi Ellie
    That’s great news that you have been able to move out into a complex and hopefully you get some support there with your mental health. I know it can be hard to wait for something especially if you’re excited about it but what I do is normally try and mabye make a small plan of each day like activities etc and do a countdown that way so you can feel busy and it will fly in quicker. Theirs also a app called countdown which you can customise to include photos of your new place and it can give you daily reminders of how long exactly till you move in :)

Hope this sort of thing helps
    Eden :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.