Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

moving

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
i want it to b the middle of january :) is the higher being narcisistic 2? im fine :)
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
    do carers care 2. how do i trust ppl?
    Crazy mad insane
    how long is normal to get settled?
    Crazy mad insane
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    All brilliant questions @ellie2000 and I think your concerns make a lot of sense, when our lives change it can be immensely difficult to cope with that. Even when we are unhappy with our lives we get used to it and find some comfort in that, so when that is altered (even when it is for the better) it can be really tough to actually settle down, right?

I think it's very normal to take a while to settle down, and each person is different. A good question could be, do you think there is anything holding you back from settling in?

In terms of your carers question, I think it's definitely true that many carers are really involved in the lives of the people they support and truly wish the absolute best for them. Nevertheless, there will be people who fail to provide the best care they can, which is extremely wrong! I think the best way to develop trust and care with a carer, is to talk openly and honestly. Do you have a carer supporting you at the moment? :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    It's gonna be nice painted, no damp, will it b overwhelming. How do cope with tht feelings?
    Crazy mad insane
    im waiting to move, wen i do i'll get assigned a carer. they seemed nice but do they follow rules?
    Crazy mad insane
  • ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 1,042 Wise Owl
    Great questions Ellie I think its normal and i can totally understand how the uncertainty of moving into a new place can feel overwhelming. Is their anythng normally that helps you to manage feelings if you have had similar feelings in the past? Personally when i feel overwhelmed i like to go for a walk and listen to some music just to destress.I also find talking to my family really helps me but everyone is different and has different things that help them get into their ‘safe space’ and helps to distracte them from the overwhelming feelings.

You could also try some other activities such as mindfulness, reading or art. Anything that you find helps you to feel less overwhelmed. Your always welcome of course to chat to us as we are alwasy here for you.

As for the new carer Im glad that they seem nice and hopefully you will get on well with them but i can understand that you might be worried about them especially as they are only new to you. Hopefully the will follow the rules but just incase you feel concerned do you have the contact details for the manager or their employer details? just incase you have any concerns you want to adress with them but hopefully they wil stick to the rules and this wont be needed but just incase
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    @ebyrne556 The office will be across the carpark, I started to play steam games, for fun 😀 but I use to play them to get through the time and days
    Crazy mad insane
    @ebyrne556 do drawings always u do a cross first?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,238 Part of The Furniture
    It sounds positive that you have steam games to play for fun and to get through the time and days @ellie2000.

Please could you tell us what drawings you mean? I just want to hear your question as clearly as I can. This will allow us to give you a more suitable response :)
    I think I'm gna 'scream' by munch, I saw the painting in person 😊
    Is it allowed to copy work from famous artists?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,238 Part of The Furniture
    It depends if it is in line with copyright rules @ellie2000 and credited to the original artist(s)! :)