Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I'm new

mt15mt15 Posts: 3 Newbie
edited December 2022 in Help Desk
Hi everyone I'm new here so I was wondering if it could be explained to me about how discussion lists and chat forums work on this site
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,039 Boards Guru
    Welcome to The Mix @mt15, its really lovely to have you part of our community.

Feel free to take a read of our Community Guidelines for some guidance on what you can post about whilst reaching out or giving support to others here. Generally, you can make a post about anything you're going through as long as it's within our community guidelines. The Discussion Boards are open 24/7 for you to use and get support from other members.

In terms of Group Chat, we run these Monday-Thursday evenings from 8-9.30pm. We have a few different types of Group Chat running and these are General Chat, Support Chat, Support Circle and Young Carers Chat. You can find out more over on our website - https://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/group-chat

I hope that's help, let us know if you have any questions :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,064 Wise Owl
    Also want to say welcome to the mix @mt15 - hope you get settled in here. You'll quickly realise how easy the boards are to operate, so feel free to join in our discussions here if you want (there's a range of different ones, some asking questions, others just random threads).

Look forward to seeing you around and sending hugs
    Sinead
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Welcome! Great advice above, I'm sure you'll figure it out as you use the forum more. If you've got any questions, feel free to give any of us a shout and we'll help :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    Welcome to The Mix :), I hope you enjoy it on here. I know that there are a lot of threads to join and we have regular group chats that run from Monday to Thursday :)
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 839 Part of The Mix Family
    Also wanted to say welcome @mt15 it’s great to have you as part of the community and I hope you enjoy it! Great advice from above but I just wanted to say hi from me
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.