Home‹ Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting âœĻ

Habits

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
How do i get out the habit of staying in a room, staying away from people like I was in the last town. I'm away frm everything now 😀😃 I'm starting new
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• jess63jess63 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    Hi @ellie2000

I'm hearing that you want to get out of the habit of staying away from people like you were in the last town. That sounds really positive. How are you feeling now that you've moved? A good way to leave the house can be to join clubs or even just set yourself a job to do for example walking to the shops or to the library. This can be a great way to start small, leaving the house for a short period of time.

Keep us updated with how you're getting on, were all here for you :)
    The steps you take don't have to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
    I feel happy but I've wasted years feeling like I was being followed, so I stayed in my room in the last. I was uncertain by alot of stuff
    Do u no if a community navigator is a service easy to find?
    Crazy mad insane
  • jess63jess63 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    Hi Ellie,

It's good that you feel happy now that's really positive. I'm hearing that you spent years feeling like you were being followed though, that sounds difficult. I'd never heard of a community navigator before, but I've done a quick search and they sound amazing and very helpful. From what I've found, to be put in contact with a community navigator you need to ask your social care or health professional to refer you. So that could be a social worker or GP or someone like that. Do you have someone you'd be able to ask about getting in contact with a community navigator?
    The steps you take don't have to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
    How doi get a dr ÃŽs it simple. Or should I ask someone wen I'm settled. Am I thinking too fast?
    Crazy mad insane
  • support_squad23support_squad23 Posts: 113 The Mix Convert
    Hi @ellie2000

It seems as if you are not currently registered with a GP practice, is this correct? I have attached a link which explains how to register with a GP surgery:
    https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/gps/how-to-register-with-a-gp-surgery/

From this point, you will be able to arrange appointments to gain access to the resources you desire.

Take care.