Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Isit wrong

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
Isit wrong to tell ppl tht they are wrong even though they take it way out of proportion.
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    You're always asking the important questions about the human condition @ellie2000 ! I am a strong believer in honesty being the best policy, however that comes with a huge caveat on ensuring compassion is not sacrificed in the name of truthfulness. There is a way to talk to people about being wrong without being cruel or unnecessarily self-righteous.

A simple 'Ah, I get where you were coming from, but I'm pretty sure it's blah blah, because blah blah' can go a long way in ensuring that people do not feel 'stupid' or like their contribution was worthless. I'm curious about the situation you are referring to, though? Because sometimes people will not accept they are wrong, and in those contexts we sometimes have to be a bit more ruthless xx
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
    I set someone on the right path bc I thought it was put wrongly and they didn't like it. I knew about the subject he was going on about.
    Crazy mad insane
    Hm, I think I get what you mean, sometimes when we tell people things they don't want to hear they become frustrated with us and think that we are out to get them. Equally, if it is important to set the person on the right path, then we must do what is necessary even if it upsets them @ellie2000 :( .

This is why I reckon it's always really important to think about how we criticise other people and how we make them feel when we disagree. Out of curiosity, what was the subject about? xx
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    I'm preparing for future. Bci was exposed to ppĺs unprofessional methods. I'm out now I've finally moved 😊

And I think I was talking about who was better for the country.
    Crazy mad insane
    I love to hear that you're preparing for the future, being able to have things to look forward to is so very important!!! Also very glad that you have been able to move, sometimes being stuck in a living situation we are not happy with can truly damage our mental health @ellie2000 :(

Ah, I get you, those kinds of political debates (which I definitely love to have!) can get really awkward and uncomfortable quickly, especially when we feel offended by something the other person has said. It depends though, because I am a firm believer that you can disagree with people in a relatively polite way (unless they're being rude themselves). Equally, there is no obligation to be courteous if the person is being deeply rude. For example, if a man were deeply misogynistic to me, I mightn't be polite back haha :)
    :)
    Crazy mad insane