Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Share your winter self-care tips

AoifeAoife Community Manager Posts: 3,168 Boards Guru
Hey everyone,

We'd like to create a self-care tips post for our social media pages and we'd love to hear from you what your self-care tips are for the winter season. Our talented graphic designer Emily will then draw these into a post!

Here's the post we created before with general self-care tips. We'd like to create one like this for our winter campaign :)
eie9atl577tr.png

Thank you for getting involved <3
Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤

Comments

• RenPRenP Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    Ooo great idea!!

Things that get me through winter:
    - Snuggling under my blanket with my hot water bottle
    - Hearty and nourishing soups
    - Trackie bottoms and fluffy socks
    - Reading
    - Writing for wellbeing
    - Herbal tea's
    - Trying to get out when it is sunny
    - Affirmations
    - Being gentle with myself
    - To support someone on the streets by buying a warm drink or warm clothing
    - Watching movies
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,507 The Mix Elder
    This is soo handy for this winter.

Mine would be:
    - Either watching a comfort show or film I like
    - Going for a walk outside
    - knitting or crochet
    - reading a bit
    - looking up positive quotes or posts
    - this probably sounds weird but sometimes i will be studying new things
    - having a warm shower or bath
    - drinking hot chocolate
    - being kind to yourself
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,465 Wise Owl
    A few of mine would be

- Reading
    - Going for a walk (if the weather isnt too bad)
    - Listening to music
    - Watching TV/Films
    - Comfy clothes
    - Hot water bottle in bed
    - Seeing my friends when I can
    - positive affirmations/quotes
    - Baking cookies
  • NeonBlueThunder1NeonBlueThunder1 Posts: 245 Trailblazer
    edited November 2022
    Sounds like a smashing idea. :3 My winter self care tips would be:

* Don't be scared to cuddle up under a favourite blanket
    * Got a favourite TV series or movie series to watch? Go for it.
    * Hot water bottles can be a lifesaver, not only can they keep you warm, they can also help to ease stomach pain
    * Make your favourite hot drinks
    * Play your favourite video games
    * If you have one, cuddle up with a pet.
    * Get plenty of sleep, eat healthy and take vitamins to avoid colds and flus, which are rife during winter

Above all, be kind to yourself and do activities that make you feel happy. :smile:
  • AoifeAoife Community Manager Posts: 3,168 Boards Guru
    Thank you for sharing your tips everyone, these are all great! I'll make sure to share the post with you all when it's created :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Couldn't agree more with the hot water bottle thing, love having one at the bottom of my bed <3
    Also hot chocolate with loads of marshmallows on top, then waiting for them to melt and eating them with a spoon - DELISH!!

Finally, I saw this girl's Tiktok and it was all about 'believing your the luckiest girl [person] in the world'. I guess the whole premise is about manifesting happiness for yourself. I've never been that big on the idea of manifesting, but everyone in the comments just kept replying how this had helped them immensely to change their perspective on things. Like just looking at any positive thing in your life and instead of thinking 'what a fluke', think 'of course this would happen to me, I mean why wouldn't it, after all, I am the luckiest girl in the world!!'. I thought it was very interesting and thought I should share it even if people don't agree with it haha xx
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • AoifeAoife Community Manager Posts: 3,168 Boards Guru
    Thank you everyone for sharing your self-care tips in this thread. I wanted to share the final post that was designed and posted over on our Instagram page with the most suggested self-care tips from you all -

It's a really lovely post!

Thank you again for getting involved to help create this post for our Winter Warmer campaign <3
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,507 The Mix Elder
    This is really lovely @Aife it's perfect for the Winter Warmer campaign.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,465 Wise Owl
    Saw the post earlier today on Instagram and I agree it looks great for the campaign