Home Articles
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How To Come Out | How To Come Out To Your Parents | The Mix

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited October 2022 in Articles
imageHow To Come Out | How To Come Out To Your Parents | The Mix

If you've worked out you're not straight, the next thing to figure out is how to come out to your parents or friends. Read on.

Read the full story here

Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    matthewhoweicecreammatthewhoweicecream Posts: 1 Just got here
    Thank you. This is taking a bit of pressure off and making it a little bit easier to come to my parents. I've told a few friends but, my parents don't know yet. They're probably going to take it as some kind of joke. Won't even believe me. But this helps a little. Thank you.
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 645 Incredible Poster
    Hi @matthewhoweicecream

We’re glad that the article helped you!

It must be daunting worrying about how your parents might react to you coming out, especially if you feel they might not take it seriously. But it is good that you have come out to your friends and that they have been supportive!

Now that you are a member of the Mix community, you might want to get help or share your story on our Gender and Sexuality https://community.themix.org.uk/categories/gender-sexuality forum where you can chat to others who may have gone through the same as you.

Remember, we are here for you no matter what!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    the_unknown234the_unknown234 Posts: 1 Just got here
    i am terribly scared to come out to my parents as ive tried to before and they made me break up with them. to be honest i think that they thought it was a joke. i want them to know that me being gay is for real. im ready to do it but i just dont know how. how do i tell them?