Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What moments in media scared you as a kid? (because spooky season)

NeonBlueThunder1NeonBlueThunder1 Posts: 245 Trailblazer
edited October 2022 in General Chat
Hi everyone, hope you're all doing well. :) I know I have been away a while, I decided to have to have a short break with the computer as the time felt right to do so. :)

Seeming as Halloween is in a few weeks, in honour of that I was thinking about moments that freaked me out in media as a kid. I think mine would be the scene with the painting in The Witches (1990), that was genuinely scary to me a kid that somebody could be trapped in a painting the rest of their life. :o
*shudders*

What's a moment in media that scared you? Maybe someone else was creeped out by the same thing!

Comments

• Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,238 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @NeonBlueThunder1. I hope you are doing well. How do you feel after taking a short break?

The Witches (1990) scene sounds really scary. I would probably say Chucky for me because lots of people were talking about how scary it was which in itself made me feel scared!

I would be interested in hearing the responses of our other wonderful community members if anyone else wishes to share :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,465 Wise Owl
    I'm usually not the best with things like horror films and stuff so it doesn't take much for me to jump or flinch. If I had to pick one it would be Jaws (1975), as I'm pretty sure that shook me up a bit when I was younger

Also interested in other peoples answers.

Sending hugs,
    Sinead
  • NeonBlueThunder1NeonBlueThunder1 Posts: 245 Trailblazer
    edited October 2022
    Hi @NeonBlueThunder1. I hope you are doing well. How do you feel after taking a short break?

The Witches (1990) scene sounds really scary. I would probably say Chucky for me because lots of people were talking about how scary it was which in itself made me feel scared!

Hi @Laura_tigger82, I'm doing and feeling better, thanks. :) Oh yes, it definitely gave me chills, and also The Camouflage Beast from Series 3 of ITV's Primeval. That was nightmarish, it could turn invisible, hide and then surprise attack you. :s Got over my fear of it luckily, doesn't creep me out as much anymore, but did scare me for quite a while. I agree with Chucky, some of that was totally horrific. :#
  • NeonBlueThunder1NeonBlueThunder1 Posts: 245 Trailblazer
    edited October 2022
    sinead276 wrote: »
    I'm usually not the best with things like horror films and stuff so it doesn't take much for me to jump or flinch. If I had to pick one it would be Jaws (1975), as I'm pretty sure that shook me up a bit when I was younger

That's understandable @sinead276 , I still find some horror movies are too intense for me to watch, especially films like The Exorcist. Yeah, I know that Jaws definitely shook up a lot of people. :astonished: I personally didn't find it scary, but I can understand why people would find it scary.
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,523 The Mix Elder
    I found the killer clowns to be scary as I used to watch those videos of them jumping on cars. I know this sounds silly but I used to be terrified of Shrek when I was younger lol 😂.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films