Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Fell ill right after finishing uni work!

PenguinSkyPenguinSky Posts: 42 The answer to life, the universe, and everything
Hey guys : ) so it's been kind of a frustrating few days! Week started great, I submitted my last big MA assignment on Sunday night... then on Tuesday I woke up with a sore throat and it's all just gone downhill from there. My throat feels ok now but I've still got a cough, a really blocked nose and a banging headache that gets worse if I do anything other than lie down and have a nap lol. I've been resting lots, napping and watching TV and stuff, but it doesn't seem to be helping. It's just really disappointing, partly because I had lots of plans of places to go and shopping and just enjoying myself now that my MA is over. But also because my head feels so bleurgh I can't help out around the house or anything. Parents will be out tomorrow so I'll have to look after my brother but I feel like I won't be a lot of use. Been taking paracetamol, vitamin D and multivitamins with zinc in, and drinking lots of water... other than that idk what else I can do really. If anyone has any cute animal pics or whatever please do send them over here, it'll cheer me up loads <3

Comments

• Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,267 Wise Owl
    Unfortunately I don't have any pets to send my own cute animal pictures but I just wanted to say congrats on submitting your last big assignment and I hope you feel better soon.

In the mean time, enjoy a photo from google of two baby dogs :lol:

Sending hugs, Sinead <3

x890h77ckwrv.jpg
  • Options
    @sinead276 Thank you, they're adorable!!! <3 Hugs back
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Gosh, that's so long and exhausting for you @PenguinSky :( It's like you were exercising your mind for so long and pushing it to the limits and now you are rewarded with sickness, this definitely does not feel fair. Plus, sometimes I reckon those more cold-y/flu-y symptoms are more frustrating than other sickness because people expect you to troop on, even though your body is completely drained of any energy. :/

I wish you were able to celebrate your amazing achievement as you deserve in a happy mindset. I know it's been a few more days now, are you feeling any better? <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,294 Community Veteran
    I'm sorry to hear that you have been ill @PenguinSky, hope you are feeling better. Thinking of you, sending hugs,

Amy22 <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Hey @Amy22 Yeah the cough is still lingering (typical lol) but otherwise I'm feeling loads better. Thanks so much, sending hugs back xxx
  • Options
    @AislingDM Thank you so much for the kind wishes, yeah it's mostly better now : ) <3
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,294 Community Veteran
    @PenguinSky I'm glad that you are slowly getting over your cold. I can imagine how tough having a cold is, (from my own experiences of having them) <3 glad ur okay though.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,933 Extreme Poster
    PenguinSky wrote: »
    Hey guys : ) so it's been kind of a frustrating few days! Week started great, I submitted my last big MA assignment on Sunday night... then on Tuesday I woke up with a sore throat and it's all just gone downhill from there. My throat feels ok now but I've still got a cough, a really blocked nose and a banging headache that gets worse if I do anything other than lie down and have a nap lol. I've been resting lots, napping and watching TV and stuff, but it doesn't seem to be helping. It's just really disappointing, partly because I had lots of plans of places to go and shopping and just enjoying myself now that my MA is over. But also because my head feels so bleurgh I can't help out around the house or anything. Parents will be out tomorrow so I'll have to look after my brother but I feel like I won't be a lot of use. Been taking paracetamol, vitamin D and multivitamins with zinc in, and drinking lots of water... other than that idk what else I can do really. If anyone has any cute animal pics or whatever please do send them over here, it'll cheer me up loads <3

Firstly, congratulations on your final submission, great to get it over the line! I'm sure you were really excited to celebrate, so imagine it's frustrating that this happened. Never a convenient time to fall ill, but I suppose there's a silver lining that you fell ill after your work was in, rather than leading up to the deadline? It might be your body forcing you to relax for a few days. Either way, take care of yourself and take your time to properly rest after what I imagine was a tough run up to deadline day! :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.