Home Work & Study It's Exam Time
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

GCSE Results Day

HarryTHarryT Community Manager Posts: 320 The Mix Regular
Hello groovy people (yes, that includes you!),

We know that it's GCSE results day for some of you tomorrow, and we just wanted to drop by to wish you all the very best of luck. You're all kind and beautiful people, and we're proud of all of the effort and work that you have put in whatever happens tomorrow.

If you're collecting results, then I'm sure there's a whole host of different emotions flying around in your head, and that those emotions will be unique to you. Whatever you're feeling, know that its valid and that we're here to support you through it. <3

If you don't get the results that you were hoping for, we know that can be stressful and scary. We'd like you to remember, though, that there's still lots of options out there for what you can do with your future. The Mix have a great article on post-GCSE options, which you can check out here.

There's also an article on coping with exam results day, which seems quite topical at the moment!

If you're looking for someone to talk to about your results and possible options for you, here's a few people and places you can reach out to:
  • Careers Advisors: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland each have their own careers service helplines – perfect if you need to chat to someone in a hurry. There might also be someone in this role in your school or at a local college who can help. Don't be shy, they're there to help!
  • Teachers: Even if you didn’t always have the best relationship with your teachers, they've been through your school journey with you and so will know a lot about you and how you work. Don’t be afraid to ask them for a chat about your next steps.
  • Friends: What are your friends going to do next? What do they think you'd enjoy?

Remember, though, it's your future, not anybody elses! It's important to follow your own passions and interests when choosing your next steps. Ask yourself WHY you want to take the next step that you have choosen - if you don't know why it is that you're interested in something then that might indicate that it's time for a rethink.

Of course, you can also talk to us and with each other here about your results. How are you all feeling today? If you'd like to share your results with us, chat about your next steps or let us know how the whole experience was then we're here for you.

Take care of yourselves today, legends, and know that we're proud of you all <3

Harry and the Team
Hello amazing human (yes, that's YOU). I wish that you could see the amazing person who I see within you  ✨

Comments

• Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,181 Boards Champion
    Good luck everyone!
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 466 Listening Ear
    I hope everybody gets the results they want! You've worked so hard, we're proud of you <3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,835 Master Poster
    I... 😭
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 601 Incredible Poster
    Echoing above, I hope that regardless of your grades you are able to acknowledge that just getting to today is a huge achievement!

We know it can be really hard if you didn't get the grades you were expecting, but we're here for support and help everyone with their next steps, whatever that may look like <3

Here's a cookie for just being awesome :cookie:
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,076 Wise Owl
    Like the others have said, good luck to everyone and remember you aren't defined by your grades, so regardless of what you got, you have done amazing :3
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,038 Community Veteran
    I'm also wishing everyone good luck too
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films