Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Feeling down

FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,304 Wise Owl
Sorry if this is getting repetitive now I finished college and don't know what to do next. Ive been fucked the past few weeks just not doing
much. Not that much but sometimes I think about suicide but i just don’t have the guts to do that I'm not thinking of ending it now but sometimes I think if things don't get better for me it might be an option. I just feel like I'm fucked sometimes like I don't have anything atm like in terms of career. I think I'm just feeling fucking unmotivated as well. I just get down and feel alone sometimes. I have famliy but I don't feel like I can talk to the full extent because they are busy and I don't want to be annoying

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,017 Community Veteran
    Hi @FordRanger no worries at all. You don't have to apologise for being repetitive, its totally okay. I feel you when you mention about you finishing college and that you have struggling with motivation. Finishing college can be hard as we often think about what we want to do in the future. However, it is understandable if you are feeling a bit low lately as it can be hard having thinking of the next steps.

I just wanted to say that if you do feel very low, I know that there is crisis messenger and 1 to 1 support on here if ever you needed to use their services. I understand that you have family and that you have been struggling to reach out for support. It can be hard I know trying to reach out for support as often we don't feel like bothering anyone. But it is a good thing to reach out for support, and I'm glad you have reached out for support on here. If you ever need anyone to talk to, feel free to PM me anytime, I will be happy to help :).

Hope you are okay and sending hugs,

Amy22 <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 458 Listening Ear
    Hey @FordRanger, please don't apologise for repeating yourself, it seems to me that this has been bothering you for a while, which is perfectly valid and okay, it can be difficult to find support.

I understand how scary it is to think about the next steps you take after finishing college. You can take as much time as you need to think about what suits you best. You're not alone with this feeling, plenty of others have difficulty making the right decisions or are scared about their future. It may help to speak to careers advisors in your college if you have any, as they can help you decide on which career pathways suit you ^^

I'm so sorry to hear that you feel like things won't get better for you. Like @Amy22 said, there's plenty of support services for you whenever you're feeling low, perhaps they can help you. I'd just like to add that Samaritans is a good service as well. You can call 116 123 or write them an email on jo@samaritans.org ^^

Since you mentioned that you feel like you can't talk to your family, do you have any trusted friends that you can talk to about this? It may help a lot to let out what's bothering you instead of keeping it all in. Alternatively, you could write down your feelings an a piece of paper :smile:

Wishing the best for you, and please don't give up on reaching out for support <3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )