Homeβ€Ί Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Struggling

Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 3,166 Boards Guru
Im struggling so muchπŸ˜–πŸ˜£πŸ˜­
πŸ¦†πŸ’œπŸ¦†πŸ’œπŸ¦†

Comments

• Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Hey @Chloe234 - well done on reaching out to share this with us, do you feel able to tell us a bit more about what you are struggling with?

Remember also that there are services such as the Samaritans that are open 24/7 if you want to talk to anyone at a point where the community may be a bit quieter. There are some options of services on the link above the thread that says 'click here if you need support urgently'
    FAQ |Β How to report a postΒ |Β How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sureΒ Community GuidelinesΒ are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.ukΒ with questions or concerns.

• Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 3,166 Boards Guru
    Thanks @Ed_ thats the hard bit :disappointed: im struggling with everything. I nearly drowned on monday which has really scared me (im ok now just shaken up), my mental health isnt great either and im struggling in general at the moment if im honest. But its hard bc i feel like a horrible person so feel like i dont deserve support but idk, maybe its just me
    πŸ¦†πŸ’œπŸ¦†πŸ’œπŸ¦†
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,500 The Mix Elder
    Hi @Chloe234 I'm very sorry to hear that you have been struggling lately with your mental health. I also agree with @Ed_ , I think its great that you have reached out for support as its a very good thing to do. I know how you feel when you say that you feel like you don't deserve support. Asking for help or even asking for a bit of support can feel daunting, as we often feel like we are bothering someone if we ask for help. But, sometimes asking for help or even mentioning that your struggling can be the start of something good, and it can help to ease anxious thoughts. There's a quote or saying that I know which might help a bit, 'A problem shared, is a problem halfed or solved'. Sharing your thoughts with someone can help to ease the worry and stress of a thought.

I also know how you feel when you mention about feeling like a horrible person and that you feel like you dont deserve support. Most of the time, when we feel anxious, we often feel anxious about reaching out to others and asking for help. I have had a similar experience with this too, quite recently. Personally, I don't think you are a horrible person. In fact, you are a brilliant and amazing friend that I have met. I think you are very lovely on the boards and on general chat. You deserve all the support in the world, eventhough I know you don't feel like reaching out just yet. I also just want to let you know that you are not alone on this, as there are many people who feel exactly the same. Hope you are feeling okay.

Sending hugs,

Amy22 <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 3,166 Boards Guru
    edited August 2022
    Thank you so so much @Amy22 :heart:
    πŸ¦†πŸ’œπŸ¦†πŸ’œπŸ¦†