Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

tw: binge eating and suicidal thoughts

i just ate way too much and I usually feel really guilty after this happens and regret it

but this time all I can think is 'it doesn't even matter, you'll be dead soon anyways'

and it's scaring me because it's not like I'm planning anything

it's just like that voice is there constantly and it's impossible for me to believe that I will be able to go on living

sorry I just wanted to get it out of my head

Comments

• Options
    BenMaBenMa Moderator, Staff Posts: 143 Helping Hand
    Hey @hol_aa,

Firstly, just wanted to take a moment to celebrate you for reaching out and taking this opportunity to get some of these really difficult things out of your head and onto paper (well, an online post)! It can take a lot of courage to do that, and you've managed to vocalise this so well!

It sounds like yesterday when you felt as though you had eaten too much, those familiar feelings of guilt were replaced with some intrusive thoughts about dying, though I hear you haven't got a plan to act on your suicidal thoughts nor is this something that you've considered.

Through all of this, how have you been coping and is there any support that you've had or considered? In case you are looking for some options of support, or would like someone to talk to (as well as our helpline) you have:

Crisis Messenger - 24/7 crisis support over text. You’ll text back and forth, only sharing what you feel comfortable with. They can deal issues such as Suicidal thoughts and other mental health concerns.

I'm wondering if you would feel like sharing more about what this voice/thought is like for you to experience, and maybe the community can provide some support in coping with this and connecting with that part of you that does want to keep on living?

How's today been for you?

Take good care!

Ben
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.