Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

flying n feels in uk

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,230 Community Veteran
edited August 2022 in Health & Wellbeing
im goin oslo hopefully in november, :) do i still need a mask
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,230 Community Veteran
    wen im home it feels like im gna die any minute, suggestions why i feel tht way?
    Crazy mad insane
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    edited August 2022
    I think Covid restrictions have been raised just about everywhere by now @ellie2000 , looking on Google it seems like that's the case for Norway too so no you don't have to wear a mask. However if you'd still like to wear a mask just to be on the safe side there's no reason why you can't. :)

It sounds like you're struggling with a lot of anxiety at the moment which might explain why you feel like you're going to die like you described, have you spoken to anyone in particular about these feelings like your family or your GP? Anxiety and morbid thoughts like that can be really distressing but thankfully there are plenty of ways to deal with them that could be helpful for you.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    The only thing I can have is peer support. If I move to a different area would it reset the services I can have
    Crazy mad insane
    I went round wat I had b4 n the sed I had the max support
    Crazy mad insane
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Is there any support you can get through other means like charities, Ellie, if you need more support? Depending on the issue there are lots of different services available via charities - maybe we can help you look into it?
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
    like which 1's?
    Crazy mad insane
  • BenMaBenMa Moderator, Staff Posts: 143 Helping Hand
    ellie2000 wrote: »
    like which 1's?

@ellie2000 really great question, I'm glad to hear that you're open to exploring the different options of support available to you.

You mentioned in your post that you feel as though at home you might die at any minute, I'm wondering what things are like for you at home at the moment?

As a reminder, if you ever feel like you could be in danger, we'd urge you to contact emergency services on 999 or NHS 111 if you need medical support or advice. The Mix is a really good place to start when looking for information and further places to access help, so you're in the right place! I also wanted to share some other directories of resources that you might find useful:

• Hub of Hope is a directory of local mental health services in the UK. They have a range of factsheets and information about different mental health diagnoses and lists of specific support services for each condition.
    • Youth Access has a database of free youth advice and counselling throughout England and Wales.
    • The Mix's Local Services Finder contains more than 16,500 local, regional and national organisations who can offer you advice and information about anything that's concerning you.
    • The Mix counselling offers a free, self-referral opportunity for up to 8 sessions with a trained counsellor to explore more about your situation and offer support to cope with what you're dealing with.

How do those options sound Ellie? Are there any particular types of services or support that you're looking for?

We hope to hear from you!!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Thank u, I was thinking of where I could look 😀
    Crazy mad insane