Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Teachers/college staff are annoying

FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,210 Wise Owl
edited March 27 in Work & Study

I just wanted to have a rant about teachers, it's pissing me off so i just want to get it off my chest. Its not all teachers not all but some. Just a few issues i have had that just is annoying. Basically once, so it was morning we get in the classroom, sit down then my tutor said coats off so I automaticly thought I’m wearing a jacket so just carried on then she said coats off again looking at me, I think shes talking to maybe others who have still have their coat on do i continue with my coat on. Then she says it again to me like coat off.  I explained, i just said its a jacket and I'd prefer to keep it on. This was either Autumn or even Winter so was freezing and I had a shirt under my jacket so my arms would have been freezing so I said that. It was only a tracksuit jacket, like basically a hoodie top with zips. I felt like she was exaggerating it.

Another issue what teachers do is say  "if you do want to be here then leave" so I leave but when i do that then they tells me off for leaving and questions me why I'm leaving when they've just said "if you do want to be here then leave". It's happened to me a few times, I'm tired so they notice that they say  "if you do want to be here then leave", like cool so I leave the teacher flips and I don't get it. I did say one time to the teacher they just told me to leave then the class start like twisting thing saying "ooh he's giving you attitude" stuff like that and it makes things worse. It is stupid like I thought when I was in school and was going to got to college,  I thought  you get a lot more freedom in college but clearly not. It actually feels like a backwards step from school like there's less freedom if anything.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    Hello @FordRanger. It is really positive that you felt the community was a place you could have a rant when you wanted and needed to.

I can hear that you find some staff annoying. As you say, you think you are only following what they say (e.g., leaving) or do not think what they say is applicable to you (e.g., jacket instead of coat).

It sounds like the class only makes this worse too and you thought you would get more freedom in college than in school.

Would anything, in particular, make this feel more manageable for you at the moment? We are here for you if you would like to share more with us :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,210 Wise Owl
    Hello @FordRanger. It is really positive that you felt the community was a place you could have a rant when you wanted and needed to.

I can hear that you find some staff annoying. As you say, you think you are only following what they say (e.g., leaving) or do not think what they say is applicable to you (e.g., jacket instead of coat).

It sounds like the class only makes this worse too and you thought you would get more freedom in college than in school.

Would anything, in particular, make this feel more manageable for you at the moment? We are here for you if you would like to share more with us :)

Ive finished college recently and I was just ranting about it. I think I just need to get out of college now and that will help me
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    It sounds really positive that you have finished college recently @FordRanger. Not least because you think getting out of college now will help you!

How are you feeling about things at the moment, now that you have ranted about college? We are here for you if you would like to share more with us :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,210 Wise Owl
    It sounds really positive that you have finished college recently @FordRanger. Not least because you think getting out of college now will help you!

How are you feeling about things at the moment, now that you have ranted about college? We are here for you if you would like to share more with us :)

I feel better, I think I might just say some slurs if I get more into it and people might get upset