Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Possible Idea - Mod of the Month

Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,913 Community Veteran
edited July 2022 in General Chat
Hi all hope your okay :) . Just now in general chat, we were talking about how cool it would be if there was a mod of the month or mod and user award event. We could vote for our favourite mods or users or someone who has been very supportive and helpful. They could get an award or prize for the hard work they do. I feel that this might be a possible idea for the future and it might encourage more people to join the mix or even help out.

I dont know if this might be a good idea tbh though 🤣. It would be cool to hear ur thoughts on this idea.

See u soon,

Amy22 :)
Just a person who likes pop culture and films

Comments

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    I feel like doing it for the mods would be a good idea and this is something that I know has been done on other websites and really helped to give a more positive vibe and encourage others to help out. However I feel like we should avoid doing it with users because of how it could cause disagreements or upset if someone doesn't get something.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,913 Community Veteran
    @Dancer Thank you :)
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Always happy to see suggestions from the community - thanks both of you!

This is super lovely. :) We're generally more interested in celebrating you guys than mods, because you're the ones who make this place amazing. This is the same reason we don't include mod or staff nominations in Post of The Month - we want it to be a recognition of you.

That said, there's no doubt that the mods do some incredible work here too. And although we celebrate mods in our own ways behind the scenes, if enough people are keen for something more official and public like this then we could definitely look into organising something. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    @Mike, thank you so much. I think we were talking about it the other day in general chat as some of us wanted to thank the mods for the hard work they do.
  • Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,076 Boards Champion
    The mods are awesome! They deserve a bit of fun too!😂
    Maybe we should make a poll and people can anonymously vote on it to see what they think of the idea.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Dancer wrote: »
    Maybe we should make a poll and people can anonymously vote on it to see what they think of the idea.
    Go for it :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    @Dancer I totally agree, I think a poll would be interesting to see what people would think. I might do this.
    I'll do it but credit you as the person who gave the idea of Mod Of The Month
    @Dancer Thank you so much. A poll would be interesting. Also, I know some others in the general chat the other day mentioned about mod of the month. So I thought I'd help them out and kinda put the idea forward.
    Just done the poll now and voted
    I guess that your answer was yes because it was your idea in the first place.
    It was :D