Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Affirmations

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,971 Community Veteran
Wat r they
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    chloe224488chloe224488 Posts: 79 Budding Regular
    Hey @ellie affirmations are short positive statements that you can say to yourself out loud. Some examples of positive affirmations include I believe in myself, and trust my own wisdom; I am a successful person; I am confident and capable at what I do. If you are thinking of trying affirmations here's a liknk that explains a bit more about them and how you can write your own positive affirmations https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/affirmations.htm
  • Options
    wat if u get insulted so much tht say it repeatedly to urself, n believe it like core believes? is corebeliefs tht right term?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    how do u stay positive thinking like tht? wen i went on with normal life i hated it
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    fiona333fiona333 Posts: 141 Helping Hand
    Hi @ellie2000 👋

In response, to repetitive insults unfortunately when individuals repeatedly hear things they may start to believe it, however this is the opinion of others, this may not be true. You may not view yourself in the same way, people may only see one aspect of many.

Some individuals find affirmations really helpful in reminding themselves of their best aspects and empowers them to do everyday things or challenging things. The use of affirmations vary, some use them regularly, others may use them in stressful situations such as interviews. There are people who don’t find them useful at all, because it reinforces the idea of “toxic positivity”, that everything has to be happy and content, all the time. Which of course is not the reality, it’s okay to not feel great, it’s completely normal.

Would love to hear more from you Ellie, what is it that you think is difficult about positive thinking? Do you think it could be helpful if approached differently? ❤️
  • Options
    i had so many things happen 2 me, nd to block it out and prevent sadness. i do hobbies and wen i hear voices, thts wen i get really really unhappy. i started doin a thing again tht someone told me was alright to do, but actually it got me in trouble
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Trigger warning - post mentions sexual assault

i became unhappy. n still to this day. it seems time has gound to a halt. b4 the police i got S.assaulted so life got really really unfair and bcame torture, i felt yucky coz no-one wanted to help.
    fortunatly everything is over now. life's dragging. why does the victim get in trouble by fighting back via facebook?
    Post edited by TheMix on
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    i felt justice wasnt done so i decided to find out why they did wat they did via fb
    Crazy mad insane