Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I feel incapable

FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,210 Wise Owl
Hi, i posted before and didn't get any responses so i decided its been a bit of time ill post again. I have been feeling incapable of doing well in life because i feel like its not gone as well atm, ive just been at schools and college that I didn't like. Im finishing college and im happy because Im not going to go back but now I feel like this is a start of getting a job I don't like. I know most people don't like working but a lot of people I know do and I want to just have a career im happy with. I have goals but I feel incapable sometimes of them or feel like they might not go to plan. I lose sleep stressing about my future and I have days where I'm just down about it.

Comments

• Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    edited July 2022
    Hi @FordRanger. We see you and hear you. Thanks for posting again despite posting before and not getting any responses, that demonstrates a lot of courage.

It sounds really tough that you have been feeling incapable of doing well in life, especially as it means you lose sleep stressing about your future and you have days when you are just down about it. I can hear that doing things you like means a lot to you and means you would feel more capable.

Would you like to share more with us about your goals and the sorts of things you like to do and what's making you feel incapable of achieving them or feeling like they might not go to plan? We are here for you if you would like to share more with us :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • enorth1enorth1 Posts: 68 Boards Initiate
    Hey @FordRanger, thanks for reaching out again, we are here to support you.

I can definitely empathise with feeling the pressures of finding the right path career-wise. It can seem like a huge decision, I know sometimes I just wish I had a crystal ball! I second Laura_tigger82, if you felt comfortable explaining some of your particular concerns we would be more than happy to speak things through with you, if you feel this would help. You absolutely aren't alone in having worries about the future, it can seem overwhelming when you look at the big picture, but it's great that you have goals in mind and are considering your options, and we are always happy to talk these through with you if you'd like to. This is clearly a really important topic for you, so I'm so pleased you posted so that we can try to help you through this xx
  • FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,210 Wise Owl
    Hi @FordRanger. We see you and hear you. Thanks for posting again despite posting before and not getting any responses, that demonstrates a lot of courage.

It sounds really tough that you have been feeling incapable of doing well in life, especially as it means you lose sleep stressing about your future and you have days when you are just down about it. I can hear that doing things you like means a lot to you and means you would feel more capable.

Would you like to share more with us about your goals and the sorts of things you like to do and what's making you feel incapable of achieving them or feeling like they might not go to plan? We are here for you if you would like to share more with us :)

Hi I think my goals are too be self employed and just have work life balance with it so I can just be happy in life. I could then look back when I'm older and be happy with what I've achieved
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Heya! I love that goal for you @FordRanger , I think too few of us place enough emphasis on balancing our actual wellbeing and happiness with making money and being successful and a lot of people who are self-employed express that they are able to achieve that. Is there any particular passion that you have, even a small one, or one that you may think is insignificant. Some of the most successful startups began as tiny ideas that blossomed into something really fruitful. Good for you that you have so much ambition in this life, especially after struggling so much throughout school years <3 xx
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,210 Wise Owl
    AislingDM wrote: »
    Heya! I love that goal for you @FordRanger , I think too few of us place enough emphasis on balancing our actual wellbeing and happiness with making money and being successful and a lot of people who are self-employed express that they are able to achieve that. Is there any particular passion that you have, even a small one, or one that you may think is insignificant. Some of the most successful startups began as tiny ideas that blossomed into something really fruitful. Good for you that you have so much ambition in this life, especially after struggling so much throughout school years <3 xx

Cheers xx
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    No worries !!! Have you had any thoughts about what you would want to do, like any business ideas? @FordRanger xxx