Home General Chat Polls of the Week
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What do you do if you see a spider in your home?

Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 601 Incredible Poster
A poll that has divided the staff team at The Mix this week!

If you saw a spider in your home would you:
  • Kill it
  • Leave it be/ set it free
  • Hoover/ Vacuum it up

What do you do if you see a spider in your home? 20 votes

Kill it
25% 5 votes
Leave it be / Set it free
55% 11 votes
Hoover / Vacuum it up
20% 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,042 Boards Guru
    I usually try and set it free but depends on the type of spider! If it's a really big one, I'll avoid that room until it disappears or find someone else to set it free!
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    For those of you who can't bear spiders in your house but don't want to kill them, spider catchers are a great invention (and also work for any insect / flying thing in my experience!)
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    @Owl I relate to this ahaha. I don't mind the spiders if I can see them, but the moment they disappear... that's it, I'm out :D
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,878 Extreme Poster
    I am terrified of spiders, sorry but its getting hoovered up if I see one in my flat
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 375 Listening Ear
    Owl wrote: »
    if it's tiny like a money spider or a house spider i'll just get it on some kitchen roll or something and let it outside. i know letting a spider outside still means certain death but i feel less responsible 😂

if it's hairy or got teeth though
    disaster-girl.jpg

They’re just fluffy ):
    Whats a signatureeeww
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,834 Master Poster
    Give it a name
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Think this might be my favourite poll yet :lol:

Henry is getting fed well :P
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Leave em alone and hope they don't crawl in your mouth while you're asleep. Sweet dreams everyone :D
  • Options
    ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,990 Community Veteran
    spraying the spider with hairspray freezes it, then u scoop it with paper n chuck it out
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    JimetteJimette Posts: 85 Budding Regular
    Owl wrote: »
    if it's tiny like a money spider or a house spider i'll just get it on some kitchen roll or something and let it outside. i know letting a spider outside still means certain death but i feel less responsible 😂

if it's hairy or got teeth though
    disaster-girl.jpg

WTH DID YOU DO???? :scream:
    Wild Hearts Never Die~ >:3
  • Options
    JimetteJimette Posts: 85 Budding Regular
    I don't like spiders, but I can't do anything about that. I just call my dad to get it out
    Wild Hearts Never Die~ >:3